Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

best case scenario would be a hybrid type solution. With a 1040 high over New England we do not need sub 1000 mb low to get the needed gradient for good moisture transport. Its possible to get a nice overrunning event during the early stages of development, then have a decent low form once off the coast to add a little to the end. A bomb would probably be bad, we are in agreement there.

i havent seen a good overrunning event unconnected to a coastal since i've lived here. i guess the best was feb 07 but that was a low cutting to our west. so that at least tells me great ones don't happen terribly often.

i havent seen a good overrunning event unconnected to a coastal since i've lived here. i guess the best was feb 07 but that was a low cutting to our west. so that at least tells me great ones don't happen terribly often.

1/26/2004 was mostly an overrunning event with a trough of low pressure banked up west of the apps against a high over New England. Eventually a very weak coastal did form but it moved due east and out without adding anything.

5-7" DC area

8.5" for Manchester

A few inches up to Philly nothing north of that.

Best example I could think off from memory.

1/26/2004 was mostly an overrunning event with a trough of low pressure banked up west of the apps against a high over New England. Eventually a very weak coastal did form but it moved due east and out without adding anything.

5-7" DC area

8.5" for Manchester

A few inches up to Philly nothing north of that.

Best example I could think off from memory.

nice. 25-27..

3.5, 1, 1.2 at DCA

3.3, 2.4, 1 at BWI

4, 1, 0.6 at IAD

Today was a day of flux on the models. Yesterday all the models were keying on the second vort to dive in next week. Today they are starting to key on the first for a storm. That is why its sped up by a day. They still wash out much of the H5 energy for the storm after 108 hours. I want to see in future runs if they continue to evolve and put more emphasis on the first vort.

I'm following both and its like two different models, lol. They're probably exaggerating a bit. I dunno. I'm going to bed

I was thinking maybe im crazy. I trust IAN though much more he is much more measured and let's everything play out and is usually except for that one hiccup when he was reading the old EURO :lmao: more accurate.

Now the two descriptions are meshing up..looks like a good storm, but warmish.

much cooler than last run since it's like 200-300 miles east and much more wound up.. massive hit for interior sne.

Archived