Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

What in the hell happened at h5 between 108 and 120...wtf

Troff stopped flattened out. Look at H5 heights look at heights instead of vorticity

A Similar thing happened in the blizzard of 83, but the whole setup was further east and the troff stayed intact long enough for an secs.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troff stopped flattened out. Look at H5 heights look at heights instead of vorticity

A Similar thing happened in the blizzard of 83, but the whole setup was further east and the troff stayed intact long enough for an secs.

yea GFS is having issues, so is the Euro, with all the vorts involved. Just when one is starting to amplify another comes into the trough and instead of amplifying it kills off the first and dives the second in, then does the same again. Its a weird solution and I don't buy it yet.

I believe teh GFS is holding back too much energy at 500 southwest for way too long just spitting out bits and pieces. I honestly don't think that southwest energy is just going to sit there and hold everything back. GFS has done this before at this range, and it rarely ever happens like that. We'll have to see how it trends with that big vort in the southwest. I do like the position of the High pressure though, looks like it gets locked in place nicely for our prolonged flizzard event.

I believe teh GFS is holding back too much energy at 500 southwest for way too long just spitting out bits and pieces. I honestly don't think that southwest energy is just going to sit there and hold everything back. GFS has done this before at this range, and it rarely ever happens like that. We'll have to see how it trends with that big vort in the southwest. I do like the position of the High pressure though, looks like it gets locked in place nicely for our prolonged flizzard event.

Season trend though is for us to get screwed.

that would be a much quicker start of the event than the other models

Not really, models just take their sweet time digging that energy in and in some ways hold it up waiting for the next vort to dive in. It might be error...models have trouble figuring out which vort to amplify. IF it is that first one we are golden. The other options is if that storm off NC can amplify more and become a sudo 50/50 we could hold the cold in longer and then it wouldnt matter as much if it takes its time.

Archived