Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sure looks like the high is drifting east

The is going to go east, there is no block. We need the phasing to happen at the right time, far enough east but not too far. Its not perfect but its a better shot then we have had because the H5 is digging south of our lattitude finally. It could cut west of us, but at least it has a "chance". I like the setup though because as long as the northern stream vort doesn't miss the phase like the GGEM, there will be cold air initially so even with a costal hugger we would get a shot of snow to start. I know its not great but its a different setup and anything different is good to me right now. Ill take my chances flirting with the rain/snow line over another miller b scenario.

The euro progression from 120-144 is laughable...the southern disturbance appears to basically stop and ultimately the north one phases with it...the southern piece goes from AMA to TXK from 96-120 and seemingly backs up thereafter...I have to think the Euro is way too strong on this....the weak 1005mb low coming up the coast we initially had been seeing is probably right.

its a LONG way out to worry about specific temperature profiles yet. I like that we have a storm, and its got a lot more southern stream mojo. Temps will be an issue but from this range the models could be way off on temps.

i know you're going to have to cheerlead for a while on this one but the look on multiple models is not fantastic imo.

It is still 6 days out chill, if it looks like this on Sat then get nervous. One of these storms is going to change our luck.

lolz. this is the first yr i can remember where storms in these ranges even got so much attention.

its a LONG way out to worry about specific temperature profiles yet. I like that we have a storm, and its got a lot more southern stream mojo. Temps will be an issue but from this range the models could be way off on temps.

I agree. If the southern stream gets stronger towards the event, we could end up with a southern closed 850 mb low type deal that tracks to the southeast of dca. I'll take my chances if we can get an 850 mb low track like that, given the storm would be amplifying as it approached. Often times our biggest snowstorms have the 850 0C line knocking on DC's doorstep as the low passes to the southeast.

lolz. this is the first yr i can remember where storms in these ranges even got so much attention.

The only reason this is happening is because almost all the storms where nailed 7 days out last year so people for some crazy reason think that will happen again. In almost all other winters in our area that has not happened nor will it probably happen again for a long time.

tracker :lmao:

verbatim biggest snow event of this season that rolls into the biggest rain event as well lol

With the way this season has gone, wouldn't surprise me. Hey, bring it on. At the very least, we'll have some exciting dynamic weather.

I'll look for positives, we already have plenty of people looking for the negatives. Snow to start! Yay!

I agree. If the southern stream gets stronger towards the event, we could end up with a southern closed 850 mb low type deal that tracks to the southeast of dca. I'll take my chances if we can get an 850 mb low track like that, given the storm would be amplifying as it approached. Often times our biggest snowstorms have the 850 0C line knocking on DC's doorstep as the low passes to the southeast.

The Euro does more than knock on the door, it kicks it down.

No surprise here...very few of the GEM ensemble members look like the Op run at 120 hours...many have the big high over the NE

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/ensemble/charts_e.html?Hour=120&Day=0&RunTime=12&Type=pnm

Not bad. Plenty of them have it farther west than the OP. It may slip out still in the end, but it would give us more time.

Archived