joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post Turkey Day Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much phasing of things off to our west...not good. Warm air is going to try to rebuild in from the south...looks like cold air could get locked in over NNE though so they might have a shot at something frozen

What's their little SWFE saying? The precip comes in faster, but so does the sleet?

The good news is at least the GFS still shows some pretty decent cold working into the Northeast, as far as how much of the cold that remains to be seen but that isn't really all that important. I bet we see our first sometime soon after Thanksgiving :thumbsup:

The key players are there, so I feel pretty good after the Holiday weekend. Specifics to be determined.

The key players are there, so I feel pretty good after the Holiday weekend. Specifics to be determined.

Agreed. I honestly really don't care what Thursday's system does actually...the ensuing pattern after that has looked potentially good for at least several days now and I don't think that will changes. Maybe NNE could see some fun out of the system but other than that this was to never be that impressive.

Below-average temperature pattern with a very active jet and lots of energy to be coming in from the Pacific is enough to keep me happy and confident.

Agreed. I honestly really don't care what Thursday's system does actually...the ensuing pattern after that has looked potentially good for at least several days now and I don't think that will changes. Maybe NNE could see some fun out of the system but other than that this was to never be that impressive.

Below-average temperature pattern with a very active jet and lots of energy to be coming in from the Pacific is enough to keep me happy and confident.

Forget about Thursday, agreed. Some in sne may see frozen at the beginning, but it's after the weekend that's important to us. I'm still a little shaky about the next possible low at d10. It is possible that low could go overhead or west if the trough sets up further west, but the pattern over the next couple of weeks looks good.

Forget about Thursday, agreed. Some in sne may see frozen at the beginning, but it's after the weekend that's important to us. I'm still a little shaky about the next possible low at d10. It is possible that low could go overhead or west if the trough sets up further west, but the pattern over the next couple of weeks looks good.

Wxwatcher Dendrite

4177f210-fa75-0c02.jpg

Just by the fantasy run of the GFS, almost identical to last Dec, ten days later a coastal KU runs from the MA to SNE, LOL, carbon copy.

Yeah, I just took a look at the 12z run as i am just getting back in i made a comment to those 2 storms, Not impossible to happen at this point but there out there.

Yeah, I just took a look at the 12z run as i am just getting back in i made a comment to those 2 storms, Not impossible to happen at this point but there out there.

That would be hilarious, not for you or NNE though, just so similar it's cool, anyway looks like you guys get some frosting on the bird, enjoy.

Archived