• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Growing season continues to expand at PHL

BucksCO_PA

I heard five ponds was a great public course. Is the course on street rd? in warminster.

Street Rd just past York Road, course is in the best shape I've ever seen, township really puts alot work into the course, amazing with all the play the greens are terrific & consistent from hole to hole.

Mostly open course that's gets quite tough when the NW wind is gusting like it was this afternoon.

Your very welcome Tony, looked like a lock earlier in the week but this weekend is going to be real close at PHL.

Got in another round this afternoon, Five Ponds was in amazing shape for late NOV, gotta love lush fairways / greens at winter rates :thumbsup:

You might have been the inspiration for Tony Wood's Inquirer article also.

It hasn't been that wet this month which helps also. We played our swampy home town course last Sunday and it was in pretty good shape also.

The growing season generally ends when the temps get close to freezing and the time of year. Even if PHL didn't hit 32 until now, the growing season was already over with the lack of sun and colder temperatures. It's not like your lawns kept growing for the past 1-2 weeks, but of course, statistically we don't officially end the growing season until it hits 32F.

The growing season generally ends when the temps get close to freezing and the time of year. Even if PHL didn't hit 32 until now, the growing season was already over with the lack of sun and colder temperatures. It's not like your lawns kept growing for the past 1-2 weeks, but of course, statistically we don't officially end the growing season until it hits 32F.

yes very true with turf, but other plants is a different story. I have petunias still in bloom and i have been down to 30 multiple times. Pt being the amount of time below frz wasn't harsh enough to kill them.

If that was true, then the higher elevations wouldn't see a color change before lower elevations.

I think he's just saying that flowers and vegetables start to die off with the low sun angle even if you have warm nights. I've noticed this as an avid vegetable gardener...crops like beans and peas start to grow more slowly in October and early November even if the pattern is mild; there's just not enough sun for photosynthesis.

Archived