Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
New York Metro Area

earthlight

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe not with good CAA and high thin clouds.

Looks like LGA topped out at 49 today.

The sad thing is is that they're still at 46! Meanwhile I am almost 7 degrees colder a measly 3 miles east of the airport. Expect many more of these comparisons throughout the coming winter.

Low was 32.9F here in Dobbs Ferry....up to 55F right now but it looks as if the fall will be sharp this evening with clearing skies and low dewpoints.

Keeping my eyes on the long range right now. Nice period of NAO blocking upcoming, but will the southern stream cooperate?

Possibly, GFS at 12z was hinting at a few nice s/w's digging into the ohio valley and then exiting the east coast and hitting the BM.

Doesnt look like there have been any real southern stream threats (which could be one reason why there havent been that many GFS fantasy storms), hoping we can get a nice northern stream disturbance to drop our first accumulating snow of the season.

Models are day and night on the PNA though, which could be the deciding facotr

With the big block setting up it will be interesting to see if the late week storm tracks closer to our area like the UKMET with maybe some flurries or snow showers

coming in behind in the strong flow moving across the lakes.

I wouldn't terribly doubt that. If lake effect really gets cranking, some weakened streamers can make it down.

Archived