SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The day has come, January 11-12 Snowstorm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the 6z GFS ramped up QPF a bit for you.

Not really...just barely into the 0.75" zone...maybe it was a tight tick up from 0z. Not really concerned seeing as it's the eastern outlier...just commenting on how it still seems out to lunch. I'm more concerned the NAM will still set the trend and The storm will wind up dryslotting SE CT while SW CT cashes in again.

Not really...just barely into the 0.75" zone...maybe it was a tight tick up from 0z. Not really concerned seeing as it's the eastern outlier...just commenting on how it still seems out to lunch. I'm more concerned the NAM will still set the trend and The storm will wind up dryslotting SE CT while SW CT cashes in again.

Such a large top loaded system even on the NAM, can you explain?

I think you'll be ok...maybe Rockport or Gloucester possibly for a brief time, but looks ok for now.

Thanks...I am a little east of Ray...in Danvers, so I try to gauge my thoughts for this area based on what he is expecting. Valid to do so or would there be significant differences?

Thanks...I am a little east of Ray...in Danvers, so I try to gauge my thoughts for this area based on what he is expecting. Valid to do so or would there be significant differences?

You're fine in Danvers. Maybe the dryslot gets close..that's a bigger danger for you, rather than ptype.

The 06z NAM also introduces the idea of possible meso screw zones for some. Another thing to complicate. GC would probably be buried with the 06z NAM track, but the forcing with this is so incredible. BOS could have most of their snow in a 4-6 hr period.

post-33-0-45596400-1294748538.gif

post-33-0-35579100-1294748548.gif

post-33-0-89279100-1294748563.gif

As well as here........... :thumbsup:

Start reading j/ k Over ACK, snow bomb

cool, thanks

I am thinking that this could be the first storm in over 4 years in which I break the 12" mark. of course it could be that i just jinxed it my thinking that. I look forward to measuring 11.5" tomorrow afternoon. :arrowhead:

There are a handful of wrf/nmm runs that are much further se. Not important to most folks but this area it makes a huge huge difference.

Phil MM 5 seems to be lock in step with Euro at fine detail, jackpots ELI RI BOS North Shore. I like its setup look. You would be OK.Also the geostrophic flow on this storm is signaling cold underbelly JMHO

42d4d0aa-5659-54f8.jpg

Archived