Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12 II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding my wishes....really really enjoyed reading your posts and like all the energy you bring to the discussion. Since the last storm didn't work out to be your going away present, how about we dedicate this one to you? Even better we speed it up 12 hours, you get stranded, experience the blizzard and then have tales to tell your new mates.

Best to you

CCPSU ...thanks for your great posts and serving the country!

also mahk he woke up to 5 inches (of snow lol) ......that's pretty damm good compared to what most thought when he went to bed.

CCPSU ...thanks for your great posts and serving the country!

also mahk he woke up to 5 inches (of snow lol) ......that's pretty damm good compared to what most thought when he went to bed.

I won't do a kevin to that post, although I am tempted...and of course don't ask, don't tell is repealed...

Yah but he was hyped for blizzard conditions and I can't think 5 inches did it for him.

Thanks, pete right? I thank your father for serving our country as well and hope to become a proud member of the USAF.

Best of luck to you and thank you for serving this country. My son has been in the Air Force for over 3 years. He is currently home on leave but will be returning to South Korea next weekend. All the best to you.

Thanks mahk, that is really considering of you to dedicate this storm to you, radar currently already shows that the storm may want to arrive earlier than anticipated, but again maybe that is just wishful thinking.

Good luck man, And thak you for going to serve this country.......

Even the cape gets mostly snow on all current guidance.

i know that.....what im saying is that in the worst case scenario where mixing actually comes to the coast, then all areas would still get several inches beforehand and then perhaps the cape would only get 1-3

but obviousy he is not talking worst case scenario, he is actually thinking 1-3 for the coast lol

At 500 there's significant changes from both the 12z and 18z :drunk:

Slower with the main vorticity coming around the developing midlevel low. Heights are higher out in front vs the 18z, slightly lower than the 12z and displaced a smidge east. Oh and t's wrapping the vorticity closer to the heart of the m/l versus ejecting it.

It's also much more negatively tilted than the 12z run. Much more digging going on as well. Really liking the look of the NAM thus far.

1-3? Kind of an extreme call don't you think? Possible but highly unilkely unless we get large shifts in guidance. It's going to be strong cold and fresh cold the marine air will need to fight.

extreme yes.. but earlier today the thing that scared me most was threat of mixing and im 75 miles from the SE CONN coast.. i don't like how close the 850 was forecast to track.. although it is trending further se which is good, hopefully not too far se.. but if he made the call after the 12Z runs i could see where he is coming from..

Archived