SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Observations from Jan 7th -8th event

Ginx snewx

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.4" here. We were just out of the money most of the day...finally caught the tail edge of the band that merged into the one pummeling the central CT coast (and points inland) and got 2" in about 40 minutes. I'm seeing the same kind of radar returns lingering for hours and expecting some totals over a foot in NE New Haven County. Thats my bet for the jackpot...somewhere around Wallingford or Meriden.

Hi gang!

Hayden and I are on at the office for the overnight. Will try to monitor this thread for any snow reports for Hartford, Tolland and Windham counties as well as into RI. Also, will check with OKX to make sure they see the reports posted here so far from S CT.

Thanks for all you help, folks!!

--Turtle ;)

P.S. Hey Steve (Ginx), where are ya? You getting buried?!??!

Made it up to 8"! :snowman: Still snowing very lightly.

We deserve it in this area after the boxing day blizzard (BDB) disaster of 6" LOL

Did you see this crap of the DBD:

12262010.PNG

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/okx/StormEvents/storm12262010.html

They need to extend that Hartford green all the way down through Waterbury and into Watertown.

I drove through the whole town the next day and there was no way we had more than 6" at a max and I measured in the center of open fields taking into account drifts. The wind really messed up people's measurements.

Bouchard on Ch 7 says traffics a nightmare still down in Ct, anyone get stuck in traffic in so ct?

Major traffic problem in western CT. I-84 closed from Danbury to just west of Waterbury. Motorists stranded and being helped by emergency personnel on snowmobiles and 4WD.

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2011/01/07/news/local/doc4d27cf7834acb719856187.txt

Please tell your Upton buddies to throw Shelton in their reports, they have been ignoring us yikes.png

I had 10.5" and someone else in town backed it with an 11" report. Thanks!

Hi! I just called OKX and gave them the website and thread so they could monitor. Gave all you guys props for what you're doing here!! :thumbsup:

Not sure if they will include your reports, but at least they are now aware of this site! (Noticed that Bill G was on the evening shift...is he on here yet??)

--Turtle ;)

Hi! I just called OKX and gave them the website and thread so they could monitor. Gave all you guys props for what you're doing here!! :thumbsup:

Not sure if they will include your reports, but at least they are now aware of this site! (Noticed that Bill G was on the evening shift...is he on here yet??)

--Turtle ;)

Awesome, thanks so much. Awesome appearance on Curious George BTW!

My kid is a CG addict, so at least you taught her something from watching TV laugh.gif

Archived