SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coastal Storm Potential - Jan 11-12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the NAO going neutral at least, and the trof digging into the plains (at least initially), I'd be more worried about P type issues along the coast than an OTS solution. I see the GFS trends further nw this run. This could be our best shot here in Upstate NY.

I'm gonna be in southwest NY until Tuesday afternoon...hate to miss snowstorms, but the ride home could be fun.

GGEM is a pretty huge hit at 144h..and its still going there

00054g1northamericazoom.jpg

With the NAO going neutral at least, and the trof digging into the plains (at least initially), I'd be more worried about P type issues along the coast than an OTS solution. I see the GFS trends further nw this run. This could be our best shot here in Upstate NY.

I'm gonna be in southwest NY until Tuesday afternoon...hate to miss snowstorms, but the ride home could be fun.

The block up northeast of Hudson Bay is hanging tougher with each run, so the coastal hugger solution may be becoming a bit less likely than it looked yesterday or the day before. We'll see how it plays out...but that NAO just doesn't want to go away. A lot of time for things to change though.

The block up northeast of Hudson Bay is hanging tougher with each run, so the coastal hugger solution may be becoming a bit less likely than it looked yesterday or the day before. We'll see how it plays out...but that NAO just doesn't want to go away. A lot of time for things to change though.

I don't like that.

I know 5 days out is still quite a ways out there but the differences between the Euro and the GFS are quite concerning, the Euro at 120 HR is really flat with the 500mb pattern while the GFS already has some decent digging occurring and with the trough already heading negatively tilted which will really help to keep this system tugged closer to the coast. The CMC at least appears to be closer to the GFS than the Euro which isn't bad I suppose. Everything on the Euro just appears to be too zonal and too fast for anything of great interest to occur.

Archived