joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pattern/storm inverted trough thread early Jan

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would venture to say that the NAM is stronger with the intial impulse and also stronger with the SPV/PV over OH rather than the 6z GFS at hour 90 with the SPV/PV over Lake Erie. The stronger lead impulse leads to a stronger and further southward placed SPV.

Exactly -

Amen to that.

I am leaving for San Antonio, TX on Tuesday, however I go to BOS on Monday. A nice going away present from Mother Nature I hope.

CCPS

Giving all your good energy and analysis and the fact that you are in The Air Force I believe? I say that we name this storm the CCPSU honorary going away blizzard.

I think the Feb 1978 idea and Feb 1969 ideas are losing steam, but not yet off the table.....regardless, I'll spare you all the complaining and see how it plays out.

Ok well they can leave the table but a bombing low moving due north off of HSE is on the table, being tugged by perfectly positioned H5. I agree to take 78 and 69 off the table if you agree to leave my scenario on the table!

Ok well they can leave the table but a bombing low moving due north off of HSE is on the table, being tugged by perfectly positioned H5. I agree to take 78 and 69 off the table if you agree to leave my scenario on the table!

I never complained abouy anything....any light-mod snow is heavily exciting.

Exactly -

Ok sounds good. Will monitor the models for this trend.

CCPS

Giving all your good energy and analysis and the fact that you are in The Air Force I believe? I say that we name this storm the CCPSU honorary going away blizzard.

Thanks Mahk.

out to 36 and i have no idea what i'm lkooking at. 2 lobes of spv i guess, one ne of ME rotating w maybe wsw and another slowing dropping s or se above sake superior

What is sake Superior, J/K.

I think the Feb 1978 idea and Feb 1969 ideas are losing steam, but not yet off the table.....regardless, I'll spare you all the complaining and see how it plays out.

The Feb 1978 idea was not interpreted correctly by a lot of folks. The mention of it at HPC the other day was - as usual - read differently than what was really written in hard text. The Meteorologist said:

WHILE NOT OVERPLAYING ANALOGS...

I STILL WANT TO POINT OUT SOMESIMILARITY IN THE PRESENT HPC SCENARIO THIS WEEKEND TO THAT OF FEB6 1978...ESPECIALLY AT 500 MILLIBARS...

The way people have been reacting to this statement really has been: "1978 is an analog for this event! 1978 is an analog for this event!"

That's completely false when correctly and fairly comprehending what was mentioned by HPC. They were speaking about not overdoing it for one, but most importantly that this particularly pertains to the 500mb evolution with the SPV - to which I concur with them.

The Feb 1978 idea was not interpreted correctly by a lot of folks. The mention of it at HPC the other day was - as usual - read differently than what was really written in hard text. The Meteorologist said:

WHILE NOT OVERPLAYING ANALOGS...

I STILL WANT TO POINT OUT SOMESIMILARITY IN THE PRESENT HPC SCENARIO THIS WEEKEND TO THAT OF FEB6 1978...ESPECIALLY AT 500 MILLIBARS...

The way people have been reacting to this statement really has been: "1978 is an analog for this event! 1978 is an analog for this event!"

That's completely false when correctly and fairly comprehending what was mentioned by HPC. They were speaking about not overdoing it for one, but most importantly that this particularly pertains to the 500mb evolution with the SPV - to which I concur with them.

Right. Exactly why it was kind of frustrating to see it mentioned. Oh well. Lol

Archived