• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The return of winter pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

Sounds like almost the exact same thing the Euro did with the HECS last weekend..Had it way too far east with too much energy out front..then corrected well west . Seems to be it's big error pattern this year

Yeah not sure how it will play out, but hey, if it is only a 3-6" deal...I'll take it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like almost the exact same thing the Euro did with the HECS last weekend..Had it way too far east with too much energy out front..then corrected well west . Seems to be it's big error pattern this year

I might have my days off, but at this time range I believe the EC had the other storm tucked in off NJ. It then headed east before it returned to the GFS fold with the western SLP. Either way, worthy of a little attention at this juncure. Some good trending and consensus today/tonight will do wonders for the weenie ffactor.

37.7/36

I still like what I see in the long run. The trough axis shifts farther west, and you can tell by looking at the surface depiction that we may have some cst lows developing somewhere in the MA or southeast. Canada is going to be extremely cold.

D10 Euro/GFS is one of the coldest looking patterns I've seen in the past few years.

D10 Euro/GFS is one of the coldest looking patterns I've seen in the past few years.

I like how Canada and the Plains get extremely cold. Eventually it seeps into eastern Canada. With the trough that far west, we'll hopefully get some storm chances. Heck it's not out of the question we get a messy swfe with a storm trying to cut west, but at least we should have some storm chances I think.

I might have my days off, but at this time range I believe the EC had the other storm tucked in off NJ. It then headed east before it returned to the GFS fold with the western SLP. Either way, worthy of a little attention at this juncure. Some good trending and consensus today/tonight will do wonders for the weenie ffactor.

37.7/36

Everything looks great for a major snowstorm on Friday

ALY sums things up well for GC here. Folks in the heart of BOX/GYX territory have greater confidence as opposed to my guarded optimism. Of course, we remember how the last event played.....

FOR THIS PERIOD HAVE FORECAST

HIGHER POPS...IN THE 40 TO 50 PERCENT RANGE AND FORECAST SNOW RATHER

THAN SNOW SHOWERS. AS WITH THE LAST MAJOR EVENT...LOTS OF

UNCERTAINTY IN THE ENSEMBLE MEMBERS WITH THE POSSIBILITIES RANGING

FROM LITTLE OR NO SNOW...TO WELL OVER AN INCH OF LIQUID EQUIVALENT.

I like how Canada and the Plains get extremely cold. Eventually it seeps into eastern Canada. With the trough that far west, we'll hopefully get some storm chances. Heck it's not out of the question we get a messy swfe with a storm trying to cut west, but at least we should have some storm chances I think.

seeping cold ftw!

So much better than overwhelming cold. Up here with a snowpack it doesn't require overwhelming cold to get well below zero. If there is cold poised above us and a nice snowpack and a sneaky quebec high we are in serious business. Even stuff that looks like it will cut west will end up going underneath us. This will keep us busy between the every 2 weeks or so coastal monsters.

I've had 13 inches so far this season. I'm going with 45 as the over under by Jan 30

Yeah not sure how it will play out, but hey, if it is only a 3-6" deal...I'll take it.

such a convoluted set-up with the energy transfer etc...people probably shouldn't go into this one (right now) thinking anything more than that.

it certainly could be a more interesting evolution but a lot of moving parts on this one.

such a convoluted set-up with the energy transfer etc...people probably shouldn't go into this one (right now) thinking anything more than that.

it certainly could be a more interesting evolution but a lot of moving parts on this one.

Yeah I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling with this, but I'll take anything. It certainly could trend better as we get closer, but I don't feel something major right now.

Yeah I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling with this, but I'll take anything. It certainly could trend better as we get closer, but I don't feel something major right now.

Same here.

Hopefully we see things gel in the right places at the right time. As long as there isn't a sne snow hole... i will be fine with some accumulating snows.

Some of the hi-res models do this as well. The HRRR , really blows the qpf up. I don't know if that will happen, but something to watch.

Cool. I'll keep an eye out for the WWAs to be issued. lol

I guess yesterday's buzz over next weekend is waning. I'll cling to the 6z DGEX like a wino clinging to his last bottle of Thunderbird.

I guess yesterday's buzz over next weekend is waning. I'll cling to the 6z DGEX like a wino clinging to his last bottle of Thunderbird.

I don't think anything has changed since yesterday regarding the end of the week system.

LOL, certainly no WWA but maybe some flakes for some.

Next weekend could very well be interesting up your way. I don't think people should completely write it off when we are 6 days out. I suppose if you want something that gives you 1-2' then maybe. Euro buries Maine.

Archived