• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SNE Obs and Disco 12/28-1/7

HoarfrostHubb

Even here it will be close... I tend to shave a degree or two off of BOX p-n-c but they are saying:

New Year's Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.

We will lose a couple of inches, maybe more, but I think I will still have some left...

The cp will probably lose a good 2" more than you guys will.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cp will probably lose a good 2" more than you guys will.

Well, we starteds out with 3" less, so I guess it all evens out.

32.1F here attm overcast with sun occasionally showing up low in the sky.

I am going to try to hit the mountain for a little while tonight and Thursday night. Party in town at friends on Friday night... try more skiing Sunday...

In any event, this torch will not be too damaging to the ski areas. It could be a lot worse.

Well, we starteds out with 3" less, so I guess it all evens out.

32.1F here attm overcast with sun occasionally showing up low in the sky.

I am going to try to hit the mountain for a little while tonight and Thursday night. Party in town at friends on Friday night... try more skiing Sunday...

Well Thurs-Sunday look warmer, but it is still not looking terrible

33.4F attm

I think one of these days could be pretty warm (50F+)...but the lack of mixing and some cloud cover during this whole episode may end up saving us from an all out assault.

Hopefully whatever gets lost, is quickly replenished in the upcoming pattern.

I think one of these days could be pretty warm (50F+)...but the lack of mixing and some cloud cover during this whole episode may end up saving us from an all out assault.

When do these threats start showing up on the models? I'm quickly running out of time...maybe I can see some good snows during weekend trips in Europe...

37.4F / Mostly Cloudy

We're not even near the weekend torch yet and so much is being lost today it seems like we had a routine snowfall here instead of a major event. I'm at 38.2 down from a high of 39.5 (oh no that's 40!) :gun_bandana:

high temp 36 here but in the clouds since noon. so not much meltage....time to go sledding down the framingham country club after a beverage of course!

Wachusett is sold out for the day session... huge number of people there. Might still go for 4PM for a couple runs...

Beverages will wait until after kids go to bed.

High of 31.8 so no real meltage at all. Today wasn't a day that was supposed to torch. It's Thursday-Sunday when you lowlanders will lose your snowcover

Brutal, haha.

I haven't been paying attention too closely and I'm sure you've probably said this because you hate windy storms... but another downside of the windy snowfalls is that when it does warm up, you'll be left with grass and drifts. Those areas that only have 2-3" of snow on them will be down to dirt and grass... and people like Logan/Rick who's fields get blown clean to 1-2" will seem like they have no snow cover at all when its all in the woods.

Brutal, haha.

I haven't been paying attention too closely and I'm sure you've probably said this because you hate windy storms... but another downside of the windy snowfalls is that when it does warm up, you'll be left with grass and drifts. Those areas that only have 2-3" of snow on them will be down to dirt and grass... and people like Logan/Rick who's fields get blown clean to 1-2" will seem like they have no snow cover at all when its all in the woods.

Yea sucks for the highlanders whose snow is all in the woods, with direct sun at Elevation they will have bald spots everywhere, wait............hi KeV

We're not even near the weekend torch yet and so much is being lost today it seems like we had a routine snowfall here instead of a major event. I'm at 38.2 down from a high of 39.5 (oh no that's 40!) :gun_bandana:

Yea you had the real fluff factor down there, lots more water content frozen solid up here, only those whose snow has blown in the woods face complete denuding.

Brutal, haha.

Violently agree..I'll def have some bare azz spots on the lawn as you can see by the pics I posted in the drift thread

Violently agree..I'll def have some bare azz spots on the lawn as you can see by the pics I posted in the drift thread

Everyone drifted decently in this storm...even KGAY's area. Everyone will have bare spots where the snow was thinned by the winds. Its not abnormal.

Hopefully it gets replenished soon enough with the favorable pattern coming up post-New Years.

Everyone drifted decently in this storm...even KGAY's area. Everyone will have bare spots where the snow was thinned by the winds. Its not abnormal.

Hopefully it gets replenished soon enough with the favorable pattern coming up post-New Years.

Shot hour after New Years, Petes at the Grill, Jerrys stoking the fire pit , I am bar tending, Kevins spinning ACDC, let's keep this party rocking.

Well the way Steve is talking he had no wind..and the snow was left untouched..and he has 2-3 feet on the ground..so apparently he had no drifiting..Maybe the sleet compacted it?

AS H85 WINDS BEGIN TO BACK TO W AND SW...WILL SEE H85 TEMPS BEGIN

THEIR WARMUP. THIS WILL TRANSLATE TO MODERATING SURFACE TEMPS NICELY

EVEN WITH THE SNOW COVER. EXPECT HIGHS ON THURSDAY TO REACH THE

LOWER 40S MAINLY ACROSS E MA/RI...BUT HOLDING IN THE MID-UPPER 30S

ACROSS THE CENTRAL AND WEST...MAINLY OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN. WITH

MAINLY CLEAR SKIES THU NIGHT AND CONTINUED LIGHT SURFACE WINDS...

WILL SEE TEMPS FALL BACK TO THE TEENS AND 20S

Archived