joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We see it time and time again, the best place to be almost always ends up being what is modeled to be just on the outisde looking in; to the east of that, it's a good storm, but more banded in nature.

All I can muster right now is subsidence...any attempt at banding just keeps breaking up over my house. Even the stuff coming from the east looks like popcorn right now. Ugly radar outside of WNE and SW of BOS.

19/16, +SN, really quite a pounding from the Hudson River to the East Slope of the Berks. Was it the RUC that was showing this zone as a big hit earlier? Spoke to my Mom in Columbia County,NY she says near whiteout there. Just got in from a quick ski tour and visibility is often dropping to whiteout here. I was wearing my headlamp and could barely see my trail in. Some big totals are going to come in from the HV/Berks.

Dude they are going to have 3 feet in Columbia County at this rate. That band is going no where.

I'm on the edge of it where I-90 meets I-87 but its getting the job done. Bout 3" in 2.5 hours so if we keep this up I'll be quite pleased in the morning.

Some poster from down near POU already had 14" in that band!

You're in the jackpot zone. Randolph back to the tip of west bridgewater, easton raynham and then looping up and around.

FWIW for all of you it's a sloppy mix of rain sleet and snow here 33.6 and I am RIGHT on the water. So if that's the case here the warm air is not making it far inland at the surface and the moment heights collapse this goes back to snow.

Someone is going to get crushed in that zone maybe up to cape ann crossing boston, maybe over or near Ray. There's another 6-12 to come out of this developing band.

Was on cell earlier, broken englais.

I'm pretty confident it's going to be to my s.

Even if I don't break double digits (may not) the wind has been amazing. I'm impressed.

It just sounded like a freight train rolled through my yard. Even though the accumulation numbers aren't stellar at the moment, the winds have been strong and most should see at least 8-10" so I can't complain for this being the first major snow of the season.

Archived