SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you keep mentioning these areas having problems with snow growth as we've had many posters from E MA and RI reporting great dendrites?

I'm getting great dendrites in Randolph. Flirting with freezing and its not the confection sugar we had earlier but we have been accumulating over the past few hrs as well as we have been all day. Should easily break 12" here if we have not already.

If this keeps up overnight, ENY is going to be the jackpot, lol...

It was slow to get going but boy is it snowing hard out there. Pure powdery dendrite heaven right now.

Columbia County, NY down to POU is getting destroyed with good snow on either side of that band.

Compare radar image with SUNY MM5 from 12z today...

I'm getting great dendrites in Randolph. Flirting with freezing and its not the confection sugar we had earlier but we have been accumulating over the past few hrs as well as we have been all day. Should easily break 12" here if we have not already.

You are in the slot that I was hopeful of getting into.....congrats.

Getting crushed right now in eastern NY... confectioner sugar, beautiful dendrites at 15F. This stuff is starting to blow around and I suspect as winds continue to ramp up, we'll see some serious powder drifting.

+SN

15F

19/16, +SN, really quite a pounding from the Hudson River to the East Slope of the Berks. Was it the RUC that was showing this zone as a big hit earlier? Spoke to my Mom in Columbia County,NY she says near whiteout there. Just got in from a quick ski tour and visibility is often dropping to whiteout here. I was wearing my headlamp and could barely see my trail in. Some big totals are going to come in from the HV/Berks.

I don't have the greatest feeling here either, but I'm not going to pull a snowNH and melt down. It's early yet.

agreed... about 5" here... but I have a feeling we'll get another 10" between now and midday to put us above a foot. it's only been snowing for 5 hours, another 12-14 hours of snow to go.

The conditions here in Cambridge have been near whiteout for several hours now...need to go outside and measure. It is snowing to beat the band.

Curious to hear what other people in Boston metro area have for totals/codnitions so far?

Haven't really measured, but I tried to take the dog out for a walk and had to turn around quickly - it was almost impossible to see. This may not be the biggest storm but it's certainly impressive

You're in the jackpot zone. Randolph back to the tip of west bridgewater, easton raynham and then looping up and around.

FWIW for all of you it's a sloppy mix of rain sleet and snow here 33.6 and I am RIGHT on the water. So if that's the case here the warm air is not making it far inland at the surface and the moment heights collapse this goes back to snow.

Someone is going to get crushed in that zone maybe up to cape ann crossing boston, maybe over or near Ray. There's another 6-12 to come out of this developing band.

Was on cell earlier, broken englais.

Archived