joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Discuss the Blizz of 2010

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to take a page out of your book. So far this storm sucks for most of us.

If you look at what NOAA was saying about snow totals by 0z, it's going to have to fall 2-4" at a time over a lot of the area between now and then. Storm ramp up begin!

This exactly what happened in March 2001. Remember going for 20-24 inches across WNE, irate viewrs, calling, emailing, etc. vicious. We kept saying wait its coming and they did. The bulk of the snow that feel was incredible in a bout 12 hour period. Some of the most incredible banding I have ever seen.

Still just snowing moderately. Tough to accumulate much with all the blowing, though I'm not recording especially high winds. just really fluffy snow.

I liked Andy's comment to Pete about 10:00p.m. I'm still awake then:)

HOpe eveyone's having fun.

18.1/14.

The wall Mike, the wall. You won't be able to see the other side of the glass on your windows when this band smacks you

Mod snow with some extended bursts of S+ as the bands move through in Middletown, CT. Two inches on the ground so far.

I was worried about the dry slot around here, but with the radar blossoming due south of us and racing north, thinking any drying will be short-lived. Still hard to believe we could break a foot down here in the valley. Has only happened once since 2003 (Feb 2006 dropped about 16 inches).

Interesting developments over the last ten minutes, sleet and snowgrains pinging against the windows now, DID NOT expect this.

Sleeting on ack now too but you are just in between bands

Yeah the key will be to watch the cloud tops cool south of LI. Had a nice weenie convo with Will about this. Def something to watch on IR/Radar.

True, it's game on for the next few hours over EMA but take a look at, http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=okx&loop=yes

Almost a circulation center there.

Archived