Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Boxing Day 2010 Blizzard

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

23.8F SN

The Canterbury and Sanbornton RWIS sites are between 0.40-0.50 mile vis.

1.9" new snow with 0.7" in the last hour.

I think we really start cranking after midnight. Colder cloud tops on IR are starting to backbuild from E NY/WNE into C NH now. I think C NH will be in a prime spot for some consisting deform banding. If it all pans out we could end up with 12"+.

Yeah, I think we will do well here to, I usually have decent bands set up here in storms like these............

8:45pm Moderate snow 2" 1.25" past hour. Have had some bursts of heavy snow. Interesting to look at radar. Precip is lighter in Central Mass/Conn. Looks like deframation band is setting up from NJ, thru Berkshires , S VT into C NH and S Maine. I think this may over perform up here and under perform further south. 0Z NAM might be on to something with that heavy band thru S/C NH into Maine.

8:45pm Moderate snow 2" 1.25" past hour. Have had some bursts of heavy snow. Interesting to look at radar. Precip is lighter in Central Mass/Conn. Looks like deframation band is setting up from NJ, thru Berkshires , S VT into C NH and S Maine. I think this may over perform up here and under perform further south. 0Z NAM might be on to something with that heavy band thru S/C NH into Maine.

I certainly hope your analysis is correct .. been kind of a lackluster storm here. 4.5 hours in and I have ~2" down. Lots of snow in the air but it's just small crud. Though as I look outdoors now it seems to be improving.

It's tough going to bed on nights like this. just want to keep checking the forums and turning the outdoor light on.:guitar:

I'm guessing my work is closed tomorrow so I can do what I want, though cats and kids will wake me by 6 AM.

Just measured 2.0" The wind is really whipping the snow around. The front of the house is plastered with snow. It all looks like more than 2" ... but that's what I measured in three spots.

Just took the 3 Shar-Pei's out for their nightly, they had fun. Looks to be nearing 2" of fine stuff. As many have said, lots of snow, just very fine, winds are picking up. Pressure down to 993.7, -4mb in last hour. Some better banding moving up from NE MA after a grazing from last band then giant lull on radar. Temp is worrisome, 25.1 now.

3" of snow here. 25.1F

Just had a cell come through dropping 1/4" snow pellets which was awesome. I've had enough of that though...hopefully the snow growth improves. I'm feeling like the best banding may set up toward Gene's, but it's a little early to say. It looks like a lull for the next hour and then it picks back up with those echoes moving through Rockingham Co. now.

Been with guests all eve. did the nam include my area in that band? thanks

18.3F moderate snow 2.75" total, .75" past hour. Snow growth not as good this past hour. Whatever happened for 5 or 10 minutes was really interesting. I heard pellets hitting the window and under the spotlight. To me they were clear ice pellets making large craters in the snow. Bounced off everything. Not the dense white grapel balls (which have been falling too). I understand there is no warm air layer to make sleet above me and don't understand it myself. Being a photographer I should have caught a closeup of one of these before they got buried under.

Archived