• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Boxing Day 2010 Blizzard

MaineJayhawk

It is a little chaotic, but nice to see everyone excited or paranoid in a good way. That's what makes the board fun. And if you have the patience, I always learn something from the banter in these kinds of events...

When it comes to banter I'm totally guilty so I cannot say anything bad about. It's the board dynamic .. NNE threads are more obs-oriented, SNE threads are more Animal House-esque.

23.1F ... noticed a band of snow entering Maine and SNH. Go time is near.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upgraded to a blizz warning here...it has an outside shot of verifying I think, but if it does it'll probably be when the CAA picks up near the end of the storm. 22.6F and OVC.

Whether it verifies or not it's still going to be a kickass event. Hopefully a memorable one.

Looking at radar, it appears that when it starts, it starts with a vengeance. A wall of snow on my doorstep right now.

Got to walk down the road 5 miles and get out of Grafton county to be in the blizzard warning area. 18Z NAM cut QPF down quite a bit. I don't see blizzard conditions NW of Concord with things ticking east , but what do I know? The deformation zone and where it sets up will be key.

Hey guys. After things settle down we should all introduce ourselves for us in VT, NH and Maine. The guys down south are like "The Breakfast Club" and I don't really know anything about you. I will wait till after the storm and post more about me and maybe we can all do the same.

Gene

Whether it verifies or not it's still going to be a kickass event. Hopefully a memorable one.

Looking at radar, it appears that when it starts, it starts with a vengeance. A wall of snow on my doorstep right now.

:snowman::snowman::snowman:

Psyched for a big event coming for most of us. Not concerned with the details at this point. I'll radar watch / now cast at some point but just happy we are finally getting a widespread major event.

First echo's reaching Monhegan Island, 15 miles till go time.

Temp 22.2, Barometer 1007.3 down 0.8 in last hour, RH 73%, Wind N 5

Still waiting here. Wunderground radar shows echoes up to SFM and PWM ... taking forever to get here! lol Heavy stuff lurking in the Gulf of Maine. Can't wait for it to blast ashore.

Gotta be right on your doorstep. Definately a nice band just offshore, and where might that 45dbz wad of craziness over Cape Cod go on it's projected track...:popcorn:

About 10 miles away. It's taken a long time, longer than I thought a couple hours ago.

I saw that blob just south of Cape Cod as well and did some extrapolating ... came out right over my head. Go figure!

19 with a raw N wind IMBY. Foothills are now in the blizz warning, with 10-14" forecast and wind gusts to 45. (Eric's graphic from GYX has MBY at about 12".) The PWM trip tomorrow is looking a bit grim at the moment, though the Dr. appt is at 2:30 so a fast mover might allow us to sneak down behind the worst of it. I'd expect the 1st flakes here 7-8 PM with serious stuff a few hr later.

First flakes just started. 18.8F/DP 13 so temps will probably stay around 15F. Winds very light NE for such a deep storm to our south. Surprised the winds so light so far.

I just went outside for a measurement (0.2" .. .my guess earlier was totally off) and noticed the winds howling overhead. Nothing noteworthy at the surface. Though looking out the window the snow is flying horizontally.

SFM update has 1.25sm vis, so it's ripping decently there. Wind still gusting to 24.

Archived