• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
My First HECS on the Boards.....

40/70 Benchmark

18/12, flakes flying here at 1400', This one means business. The best ones just can't wait to get out of the gate. Precursor snows are a good omen in my book. Hate the storms where you wait and wait, watch virga, wait and wait and finally it starts. Going to spend some time this morning prepping the property for trhe storm then watch the Bills spank the over rated Pats right out of western NY. Probably won't hear much from me after this evening as I'm on the cusp of a ski binge.

I'm going to be lying naked on my picnic table tonight watching the snow quickly cover me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't edit boatrd is acting funny so:

Interesting dry punch on the water vapor with a real split in higher level moisture to the east. Was mostly in the models already but curious as it seems pretty fast vs 6 and 12 hour plots depending on the model.

EDIT now it works.

FWIW and I mention it for future comparison RUC is way west at 8h etc vs 6z guidance. Kisses the NJ coast with the 8h low in 10-12 hours. Again probably not the RUC's strong point or intended use but someone would accuse me of only posting favorable stuff for my igloo.

Less than 10" would be a serious letdown even in the valley. Its happened before (see Jan 2005) but this set up is totally different and I'm feeling good about this one. We are due!!!

LOL, you make it sound like it's a rare occurrence. I've learned to de-couple my expectations from those of the ESNE'ers and GC'ers.

I'm used to being last through the buffet line and first to be asked to leave.

18/12, flakes flying here at 1400', This one means business. The best ones just can't wait to get out of the gate. Precursor snows are a good omen in my book. Hate the storms where you wait and wait, watch virga, wait and wait and finally it starts. Going to spend some time this morning prepping the property for trhe storm then watch the Bills spank the over rated Pats right out of western NY. Probably won't hear much from me after this evening as I'm on the cusp of a ski binge.

Powder Day at Wachusett coming up... it's been a while

972 mb is sick. Winds will be moaning like Ginx after a late night at the fire pit

I like the wind direction for this. About 360 degrees which is ideal for Hartford to get big snow.

Perfect 700mb/850mb low tracks for HVN and BDL.

Perfect track for up here in MHT as well.. we usually get downsloped by the monadnocks but this time the moisture will come flinging off the NH coastline hopefully resulting in heavier precip

:thumbsup:

Glad I won't have to worry about downslopping issues. Bring it on.

When winds rip down the valley due north you start getting some weird convergence zones that setup. It's cool.

Gotta say can't find many negatives for MBY. My gut tells me a more western solution verifies. The 850mb/700mb low tracks are PERFECT for us.

Archived