joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
My First HECS on the Boards.....

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw - I'll give credit to Henry Margusity and Joe Bastardi over at Accu. for sticking to their guns on this storm.

They take some unwarranted flack from people but both of them were on this riding up the coast a week ago.

Strictly my opinion but the flak they get is deserved and the adage of sometimes a blind squirrel finds a nut springs to mind. Again, jmho.

Let's snow.

My expectations are tempered here in the CT Valley (Chicopee, MA, 0.2k), but at least I'm here to experience it instead of being out on the road, watching from afar.

Much like Rex Ryan, a foot would make me happy. Less than 6" will feel like a typical valley screw job.

I hope this one starts on- or ahead-of-schedule, I hate "watching the pot boil", but what else can one do?

btw - I'll give credit to Henry Margusity and Joe Bastardi over at Accu. for sticking to their guns on this storm.

They take some unwarranted flack from people but both of them were on this riding up the coast a week ago.

WHen they call for a big storm every storm, they are bound to hit one once every couple of years. Really. I like HM. People can learn a lot from him and Elliot over there. Just BS for giving any of them credit. They are just baiting people to watch the blogs.

*opens new window to watch HM's blog video*

18/12, flakes flying here at 1400', This one means business. The best ones just can't wait to get out of the gate. Precursor snows are a good omen in my book. Hate the storms where you wait and wait, watch virga, wait and wait and finally it starts. Going to spend some time this morning prepping the property for trhe storm then watch the Bills spank the over rated Pats right out of western NY. Probably won't hear much from me after this evening as I'm on the cusp of a ski binge.

I'm really shocked not more emphasis was put on the 6z runs and current trends in the AFD and instead reliance seemingly was on the SREFs.

but we shall see if that proved to be a wise move on their part and bad analysis in the 5 minutes I just looked on mine :)

At 12z and I looked quickly the only thing that kind of stands out is that we had a trend to keep digging the s/w further south as it rounded the trough overnight. Positionally and strength wise the 6z would seem to be too weak around NC if the water vapor/ruc plays out.

Archived