• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD OBS Thread for current 12/26 snowstorm

hurricaneschwartz

No offense, Glenn, but I agree. The over 18" area is going to be a bit smaller.

That said, Glenn did a better job than anyone else in the DMA, so you can't really fault him for that.

No offense taken, especially when you're not even talking about our coverage area. I do think I may not have trimmed the west side enough, like one of the earlier posters said.

It's a pleasure to be able to see this forum (I thought all was lost when Eastern disappeared...why didn't anyone tell me about you guys sooner).

As was the case in last year's storms, I trust snowfall reports from you dedicated weather fanatics more than those from the general public. I will be putting some of your reports on-air during our coverage Sunday, and plan to give credit to American.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Glenn

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense taken, especially when you're not even talking about our coverage area. I do think I may not have trimmed the west side enough, like one of the earlier posters said.

It's a pleasure to be able to see this forum (I thought all was lost when Eastern disappeared...why didn't anyone tell me about you guys sooner).

As was the case in last year's storms, I trust snowfall reports from you dedicated weather fanatics more than those from the general public. I will be putting some of your reports on-air during our coverage Sunday, and plan to give credit to American.

Glenn

Glenn, do you mind if I split your post and pin it? That'd be the best way to get snow reports in.

Glenn

You're a class act Genn, nice to see you here (I too was lost when eastern disappeared). I'll be sending my snowfall measurements to you from Drexel Hill! Tomorrow should be fun! :thumbsup:

Hey Glenn, would it be possible to give us a shoutout like you did with last years storms :thumbsup:

As for the storm, not too optimistic that we get the major event that was progged on yesterdays models, but still could be a decent storm. I was worried about a last second later bombing out by the storm which seems like it will occur. Maybe we will get under some nice banding later on to make up for the lowered qpf projections.

Currently here in the NW Philly burbs

Mostly Cloudy

RH 83%

Wind N 2 - 5mph

My Wxsim module continues to lower the snow forecast now at 5 to 7"....however some differences showing up between the RUC as it indicates nearly 4" by 4pm while the Wxsim(GFS/NAM) shows around 1.5" at that point. Will be some nowcasting for the NW edge out here but certainly no issues for points east and northeast. Enjoy the day!

Today: Cloudy in the morning, becoming dense overcast in the afternoon. A slight

chance of snow in the morning, then snow likely in the afternoon. High 29. Wind

north around 7 mph in the morning, becoming 13 mph in the afternoon. Chance of

precipitation 70 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly around a

quarter of an inch. Snow accumulation around 2 inches.

Tonight: Dense overcast. Snow likely in the evening, then a chance of snow after

midnight. Low 23. Wind north around 18 mph, gusting to 24 mph, in the evening,

becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly between a quarter and half an inch.

Snow accumulation 3 to 5 inches.

Glenn

Welcome back Glenn! Wait until you get a load of the new WRF models.....Met Tech is standing up the server cluster which will begin processing our own graphics etc.

I am heading to my cabin in the Poconos and will certainly pass along obs though I expect they will not be quite as exciting as those at my coastal monmouth NJ home base. Just like last year, every time there is a blizzard I am heading away from the snow to the poconos :unsure: That simply makes no sense!!

Happy forecasting :mapsnow:

Archived