Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 General Discussion

Spartman

1 minute ago, hardypalmguy said:

Lake is temp of ocean off coast of San Diego. Makes sense.

ced9700b0d474b05c5722ffdb3ea7967.jpg

The problem is as soon as you get some wind to mix it up, it'll cool down. It takes more than a couple weeks of warmth to warm up such a big, deep body of water. It's pretty deceiving really. The water temp there could easily be cooler on the 4th of July than it is now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Looks like a thick plume of smoke at the surface is going to advect into northern Michigan tomorrow from uncontrolled wildfires in Ontario and Quebec, but I can't find any mention of it in the forecast. If this is correct, expect a lot of haze, a smoky scent, and poor air quality.

trc1_full_sfc_f018.png

The RAP-Smoke has a similar look tomorrow afternoon.

trc1_sfc_f18.png

In general, it looks like a very smoky regime setting up later this weekend and into next week for the Great Lakes.

Does anyone know what’s causing all of the wildfires in Canada? The last few days have been particularly striking across Quebec and eastern Ontario, with dozens of large fires seemingly flaring up out of the blue. I don’t think there was any indication of such intense wildfire activity this summer. Most of Canada was not in drought, but the boreal forests seem to be spontaneously combusting?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Does anyone know what’s causing all of the wildfires in Canada? The last few days have been particularly striking across Quebec and eastern Ontario, with dozens of large fires seemingly flaring up out of the blue. I don’t think there was any indication of such intense wildfire activity this summer. Most of Canada was not in drought, but the boreal forests seem to be spontaneously combusting?

According to Jonger, it's a bunch of bored arsonists. Next question.

• Haha 1

I forgot what westerly winds feel like. There haven't seen a westerly winds for a week. And honestly it was kind of nice. 90 degrees with dew point of 50 or degrees even lower reminds me of Denver. But then again, the grass in everybody's front yard is starting to look like the prairie grass. The natural prairie grass in Colorado dries out as soon as you hit 90 or 95 on the high plain.

easterlies.jpg