Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

47 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Nothing worse than trying to teach middle school kids about specific heat capacity when it is 89/70. 

I will take this for two weeks

Everyone I know who works in education agrees with you! As do the people who have to work outside. 

• Like 2

Heh... wasn't honestly expecting this today.  It's gone partly cloudy, with like 5 to 10 minute intervals between lighter clouds and sunny sky lights.  Satellite confirms this is no accident of randomness where you get a weird split that closes right away. The general cloud sheen has abruptly gone corpuscular .. more cumulo-formed at a regional scale.

Temp bounced to 64 when that happened, after being stalled at 58 all morning.  If this keeps up we may touch 70

There is something poetic about 90/70. Going outside and getting blasted by heat and humidity and feeling the sweat build up. There is something soothing, thrilling, and enlightening listening to people talk about it and watching everyone wipe the dripping sweat off their face. Everyone loves it, even if they say so, deep down they do.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6
  • Weenie 3

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

course I wonder, are gonna touch off some good old fashioned severe New England convection in the form of a violent 25 mph outflow, a single pop CG, and ping sound that you're quite sure is hail or not?

Wouldn't take much updraft for hail today with the freezing level sitting at 775mb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The worst part about this dog food stretch is we really haven’t had any rain to show for it. It’s been awful, but somehow still dry

you got that right. sitting at about 1/3" since this shit began

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

There is something poetic about 90/70. Going outside and getting blasted by heat and humidity and feeling the sweat build up. There is something soothing, thrilling, and enlightening listening to people talk about it and watching everyone wipe the dripping sweat off their face. Everyone loves it, even if they say so, deep down they do.  

Nothing poetic about your undies stuck inside your crack while sweat drips profusely off your nut sack. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

56 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nothing poetic about your undies stuck inside your crack while sweat drips profusely off your nut sack. 

Good afternoon Ginx. Your descriptive writing talent is unquestioned ….. just please don’t let it extend to free hand drawing. Walk easy, stay well, as always ….

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

What are they actually learning at this point? Older kids just have testing, and younger kids just do fun activities by this point? 

learning how to (or better, conditioning) to be deferential worker bees who obey authority figures at the drop of a hat.  which after all, is the point of school :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Flaccid AF weather wise.

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

you got that right. sitting at about 1/3" since this shit began

I wouldn’t mind a stretch of crap weather if it was accompanied by actually beneficial rains. This stretch has featured a couple of like tenth or less events and that’s it. Not even enough to truly wet the ground.

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

I loved it sooo much I moved back!