Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What a terrible start to June.

where we at for temp departures so far? 6/1 and 6/2 WAN of course, but since 6/3 it's been pretty shitty, I assume most sites are BN for the last 5 days

58 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

2009...ride it...

Maybe the converse of 6/09?  We had zero precip June 1-8 that year, but from 6/9 thru 8/3 we averaged 6 rainy days a week, with 17.5" during that period.

where we at for temp departures so far? 6/1 and 6/2 WAN of course, but since 6/3 it's been pretty shitty, I assume most sites are BN for the last 5 days

6/1-2: +11.3
6/3-7:   -7.8
June 1-7: -2.4
Today looks to be the 6th straight with maxima <60.  Avg max for 6/8 is 69.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This dogshit is starting to remind me of 2009 when I keep seeing ULLs and rain events out in the extended.

what's interesting is that the ULLs are the same dimensions in terms of depth ... but they are situated higher in the g-potential medium? 

Like we're cutting off 568 dm cores and the models are trying to generate misery underneath those more common with the 546 to 552, and they are really up there in altitude.

I've even seen 580's perforating ridges ( which, ridging in the sense of R-waves are rarefied which may be a function of a lower AAM.. not sure) ...like it's like anything imaginable the models can manufacture to limit heat potential.  Lol.  But in reality, it's the Pacific controlling all this shit. 

It's the linear and non-linear wave function/dispersion down stream of the Pacific.   Which is odd, because  - as I've been bloviating about recently haha I know - that signal really should be setting up a better ridge between 100 and 80 W than we have seen very much willingness in the operational guidance.  The 0z complexion overall was the worst decoupling look yet.

Thing is ( I'm just speaking to the average reader here at this piont..) the summer index correlation to the pattern is obviously less statistically significant.  This is particularly true in the PNA.  So there may be some of that in why the operational runs are not responding.  But if we look at mid latitudes between the Dateline and the west coast of N/A, ... compare now vs 144, the mass-field is completely reversed.  Yet the flow downstream over the N/A continent appears to withstand that without moving toward the preferred west trough east ridge couplet.  

again... sporadic GFS runs with more ridging/heat signaled into the Lakes/ N OV, regardless of continuity .. could be an operational nod from the particularly source.   With there were no background signal - which there is - than it would be easier dismissable as noise

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

This weather is perfect for my work

It is, it's perfect for outdoor manuals ... 

Car's in the shop because of all things, the hood release cable apparently snapped - so can't access the motor...blah blah.  Dropped it off at the garage and huffed it home ...about a 1.25 mile distance. It was a 58 with light rain, and by the time I made it back ... I was starting to get warm under the collar. 

I go for runs outside anyway ... but 58 to 62 is a nice temperature for it.  I wouldn't wanna sit down and do nothing  .... yeah, that'd get chilly given time, but if you need to do physical anything at all, this weather is really wonderful for that.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

It is, it's perfect for outdoor manuals ... 

Car's in the shop because of all things, the hood release cable apparently snapped - so can't axis the motor...blah blah.  Dropped it off at the garage and huffed it home ...about a 1.25 mile distance. It was a 58 with light rain, and by the time I made it back ... I was starting to get warm under the collar. 

I go for runs outside anyway ... but 58 to 62 is a nice temperature for it.  I wouldn't wanna sit down and do nothing  .... yeah, that'd get chilly given time, but if you need to do physical anything at all, this weather is really wonderful for that.

Nothing worse than trying to teach middle school kids about specific heat capacity when it is 89/70. 

I will take this for two weeks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Just spinning around and around and around.  Are we going to go a full 7 days of this ULL influencing our weather?

42589554-F302-45CA-A583-7383A8B4D4DC.gif.50d60a0250c906bd13fc2c2084677470.gif

Yeah, I was just looking back... 6 days now since that unusual S/W plunked due south to end last weeks early heat  (folks may forget, but this thing corrected two days of 86-93 in the region).  It's been peregrinations within that theme ever since. 

I was musing that this was the canonical April cut-off happening in the first week of June.

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Nothing worse than trying to teach middle school kids about specific heat capacity when it is 89/70. 

I will take this for two weeks

Hopefully the Sup' or Principle or whomever runs you're school ... calls you in and says you've been elected for summer school duties. 

hahaha

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Just spinning around and around and around.  Are we going to go a full 7 days of this ULL influencing our weather?

42589554-F302-45CA-A583-7383A8B4D4DC.gif.50d60a0250c906bd13fc2c2084677470.gif

sure would be nice to get some rain out of it down here.....missed to the north and south a couple days ago, bone dry around here

15 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

This was July 7, 2002, which stuck out as the greatest smoke related air quality anomaly in central CT in about 25 years…until the last two days blew it away. 

MsGJLM1.jpg

When I asked CT DEEP for historical perspective, they brought up this event. They provided specific numbers too. We blew them away. 

• Like 1