Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

14 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Very long-range 18z gfs op looks interesting with severe possibilities here, plus a Carib TC?  Let's gooo

CAG season is probably a 2-3 weeks away in that region. Probably will have a window then. Not a lot of high end stuff tends to come from June CAGs, but the Caribbean is even more of a torch than usual. 

quYkPwL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

CAG season is probably a 2-3 weeks away in that region. Probably will have a window then. Not a lot of high end stuff tends to come from June CAGs, but the Caribbean is even more of a torch than usual. 

quYkPwL.jpg

Oh yeah I'm not being too scientific, just stating what the model showed. lol 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Extended says what heat. 

It's all in the indices ... as far as I can tell.   The operational runs and even the ensemble means ( which the indices are based upon, which is odd ) don't seem to reflect the former.

They may given time.  who knows

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's all in the indices ... as far as I can tell.   The operational runs and even the ensemble means ( which the indices are based upon, which is odd ) don't seem to reflect the former.

They may given time.  who knows

It seems like we can’t shake this Rockies ridge. But, troughing out west likely argues at some point pieces of heat break off or maybe eventually moves in later in the month?

Next week seems to offer more rain chances.

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It seems like we can’t shake this Rockies ridge. But, troughing out west likely argues at some point pieces of heat break off or maybe eventually moves in later in the month?

Next week seems to offer more rain chances.

I'd settle for any ridge in the east to satisfy the trough in the west ...like, at all - jesus.  

Not sure why but the large synoptic frame between the Dateline to west coast of N/A is flipped reverse around D5-7, yet the models maintain trough over the eastern Continent - like there's no forcing down stream?   Not sure there ... so we're getting a PNA mode change toward a warmer signal ( with the EPO and NAO removed from contention) ... to somehow = unbalanced R-wave layout... = no warm up - okay. Seems like the models are less than organically processing to me at times. HAHA

I'm wondering if/when the other shoe falls we get wholesale correction. 

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

So this is what metfan sees everyday when he looks up at the sky. 

I have a question ... has anyone heard/read of how these fires up in Canada are set?

I keep waiting to hear news break about that specific and nothing.  

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I have a question ... has anyone heard/read of how these fires up in Canada are set?

I don’t know. But I find it interesting that roads are still being plowed out in CA and western Canada is burning. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I read most of the ones in Nova Scotia were from human activity. Probably the same with the ones now in Quebec.

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lightning 

yeeeah... thought of that. But I went back and there's fires going off where there wasn't much history of that on satellite.   I mean, tinder dry or not, background settings are not going to just spontaneously combust - so yeah, it has to be something. How about a 22 year old disenfranchised ugly rural Canadian hillbilly boys with gas cans and a manifold of dysfunctionally traumatic upbringing - heh

I almost wonder if this eco terrorism.  Haha.  Unfortunately, we live in an era whence that needs to be considered.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, BrianW said:

I read most of the ones in Nova Scotia were from human activity. Probably the same with the ones now in Quebec.

what I thought ... 

but that's also a broadly defined heading, 'human activity' 

like a deviant shit ball for a skull with a gas can counts under that header too -