Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Ya me either. Prefer it to be 75+ and sunny or humid during the evening. I forget how far west I am compared to you. It’s not a bad day out west here mostly cloudy and 65 already. 

Total destruction of any sunshine, sun comes out instant overcast. This week is definitely cool looks like next week we resume a better regime for summer.

download (8).png

download (9).png

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

No solar cover swimming at 65 with low dewpoints and clouds isn't my cup of tea.

Crank my 400,000 btu and I’ll have mine to 83 in 2-3 hours. Mines 72 right now with a solar cover on. But I’d just as soon sit bare butt on a fire ant hill than get in 72 degree water. I took a 75 degree shower a couple days ago because the oil pump on the boiler shyte the bed and it damn near killed me. 
Yea, I hate cold water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Crank my 400,000 btu and I’ll have mine to 83 in 2-3 hours. Mines 72 right now with a solar cover on. But I’d just as soon sit bare butt on a fire ant hill than get in 72 degree water. I took a 75 degree shower a couple days ago because the oil pump on the boiler shyte the bed and it damn near killed me. 
Yea, I hate cold water.

Not me as long as the air is warm and sunny I can do 65. Guess growing up on the cold Atlantic conditioned me. 

11 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Yea, I hate cold water.

I've had to do that a couple times when the water heater died, it shocked my body.

I know this isn't what folks wanna hear around the Holidays but one of the better memories I have spanning the last 10 year's worth of Xmas' was that 2014, when it was 70 F on Xmas day and the fam/friends were enjoying the outdoors. 

I guess if you'e in here satisfying a pure neurotic snow/cold OCD ...such visions do not inspire the precious state, but for those of us that appreciate the fuller spectrum of weather results - it was exotically wonderful out of doors that day.   

'Sides ... not without compassion, the Feb 2015 that set in some 3 or 4 weeks later was just as fantastic. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Senior Ladies world series qualifier was brutal by late afternoon Saturday. Raw east winds and 53⁰

If it was my sally league they would have cancelled it, I have a lot of respect for high level ladies softball, they have some of better hitting mechanics 

Just now, dendrite said:

Pretty sure he was there

55 plus and 70 plus. Was amazing to watch a 85 year old play, and play very well. My wife's team took gold so they will compete in the World Senior games next year. The games include basically any sport you can think of. Last time they went it was in Albuquerque where they got smoked, only won 1 of 5 games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If it was my sally league they would have cancelled it, I have a lot of respect for high level ladies softball, they have some of better hitting mechanics 

My daughter's all played on a traveling team, saw some unbelievable talent over the years. Actually ran into the best shortstop I have ever seen Sunday watching her mom play. Still at it and looks great.

• Like 1

Here's a random thought ... if ( and probably when ) the cold dinner apocalypse happens ... these satellites will continue broadcasting what their cameras see of the world below ... to no one, for decades. 

Can you imagine if we escaped this world and became an interstellar species like Star Trek or whatever, and happened across a planet with all these satellites in orbit taking random pictures and loops of clouds and smoke over an empty world?

• Confused 3