• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

Heh...just glanced over the Premmie cimo sheets and most sites are well above normal for June so far.    lol.    certain to change once today's poison gets in the punch.   Yesterday's bootlegged midnight high made the neggies seem almost manageable.    It's like this whole ordeal's trying to hide while it rapes

Looks like about 1/2" in the gauge since 7 AM, a welcome change from the itty-bitty RA experience Thurs-Sat, even with temps hanging in the 40s.  For the 2 days ending 7 this morning I've reported 0.26".  Of 100+ Maine sites reporting to cocorahs both days, only Westmanland (Aroostook) with 0.28" was close.

5 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

It was a great day to work outside, took me a while to work up a sweat. 

ehhh I would prefer another 10-15F to work outside. I was going to do some painting outside but my hands would get cold. I'll do some painting tomorrow. I'm not worried about any showers b/c what I'm painting isn't exposed. 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

ehhh I would prefer another 10-15F to work outside. I was going to do some painting outside but my hands would get cold. I'll do some painting tomorrow. I'm not worried about any showers b/c what I'm painting isn't exposed. 

My brother painted his shed today, it does dry much quicker at 80 with low humidity but he hates heat too. We're French Canadien so we don't mind the cool-cold weather, must be in our blood.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

My brother painted his shed today, it does dry much quicker at 80 with low humidity but he hates heat too. We're French Canadien so we don't mind the cool-cold weather, must be in our blood.

.....the paint may dry quicker in the heat but there may be problems with the paint binding properly to the surface. I also paint when temp is on the cool side.

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There may be cold pool stuff Tuesday 

Might be pretty early too...could see stuff forming by like 11 AM which would hinder instability a bit. Not that there is much room to generate a ton of CAPE given low sfc temps/dewpoints but with steep lapse rates it doesn't take much to get 1250-1500 MLCAPE with enough heating and dews even in the 50's. 

24 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Might be pretty early too...could see stuff forming by like 11 AM which would hinder instability a bit. Not that there is much room to generate a ton of CAPE given low sfc temps/dewpoints but with steep lapse rates it doesn't take much to get 1250-1500 MLCAPE with enough heating and dews even in the 50's. 

Gonna be a ton of smoke this week from the hundreds of fires in Quebec .Modeied to be very thick as it heads overhead .It may inhibit convection to some degree .

m1n60ct.jpg

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gonna be a ton of smoke this week from the hundreds of fires in Quebec .Modeied to be very thick as it heads overhead .It may inhibit convection to some degree .

m1n60ct.jpg

Certainly will not help with getting any good heating, but luckily our instability is a product of the steep lapse rates and not totally dependent on heating.