Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Should be a semi decent day back central and west looking at viz 

Tough call...   It's subjective, I know - even if the day sucks, some denial and spin will take place ... But, I do see a little hope from about HFD-EEN west related to the intense June sun modulating the atmosphere and blurring the boundary between this cut-off stalled coastal cyclone vs the better airs west of New England.

What you'll have to overcome is that this is retrograding - literally.. It's moving W, en masse.  That may compensate for some of that 'erosion' aspect I just described above. 

Either way, everyone is till in the grips of this unusual winter like not summer and no reason to claim it is pattern - just to be clear. It's a matter of how much or how little.  The real freedom is west of Albany. 

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Tough call...   It's subjective, I know - even if the day sucks, some denial and spin will take place ... But, I do see a little hope from about HFD-EEN west related to the intense June sun modulating the atmosphere and blurring the boundary between this cut-off stalled coastal cyclone vs the better airs west of New England.

What you'll have to overcome is that this is retrograding - literally.. It's moving W, en masse.  That may compensate for some of that 'erosion' aspect I just described above. 

Either way, everyone is till in the grips of this unusual winter like not summer and no reason to claim it is pattern - just to be clear. It's a matter of how much or how little.  The real freedom is west of Albany. 

Hence semi decent. Some breaks of sun , no rain means semi decent. Will wash the vehicles and mow the lawn today 

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hence semi decent. Some breaks of sun , no rain means semi decent. Will wash the vehicles and mow the lawn today 

Hmm   ... nah, prefer "hence, not eating all the Labrador anus vomit, just some of it"

lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Finally after the 15th it looks like the potential is there for more sustained warmth. 

Yup - monitoring that...   Very tentatively so far but that has the look of a hemispheric sea-saw into a regime that hosts more in the way of 'big heat' type.  Not these 91/48 kind of "fake" heat bursts. 

That's wholesale change, and is also statistically rooted in a coherent index mode change.  The daily model grind seem oblivious to it - perhaps only for the time being.

Fits the compensation model to get us back to (climo+ cc)/2  ... in more of a spatial sense.  

The "synergistic heat wave" are another level above, but they come along with that suggestion as a wild-card, however utterly invisible at this range. 

Didn’t get a chance to post yesterday. Was in KFIT all afternoon. State track and field championships. 48 and sheet drizzle. Just brutal. Times for the sprinters were just awful and the jumpers were terrible. Couldn’t get loose. Never saw so many falls on the hurdles due to wet conditions. Several got hurt. I talked to one of the officials and they thought about moving it to today but thought is would be worse. They didn’t think they would get the nasty temp yesterday and didn’t count on the steady sheet drizzle. 

13 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Didn’t get a chance to post yesterday. Was in KFIT all afternoon. State track and field championships. 48 and sheet drizzle. Just brutal. Times for the sprinters were just awful and the jumpers were terrible. Couldn’t get loose. Never saw so many falls on the hurdles due to wet conditions. Several got hurt. I talked to one of the officials and they thought about moving it to today but thought is would be worse. They didn’t think they would get the nasty temp yesterday and didn’t count on the steady sheet drizzle. 

They must have used the KFS. Hate to see it.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

GWDLT 

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

In 2015 Boston went 57 hours below 50 in early June. May have been like 5/31-6/2. That was the last time I had the heat on this late until this morning.

Yup. I was running a fundraiser golf scramble that June. June 1 was a Monday. Course was flooded that morning and it was 46 degrees out here. Tuesday wasn’t any better. Ended up doing it in September. We’ve run that same scramble in early October ever since. Better odds of good weather then than early June. Hast been rained out since. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Yup. I was running a fundraiser golf scramble that June. June 1 was a Monday. Course was flooded that morning and it was 46 degrees out here. Tuesday wasn’t any better. Ended up doing it in September. We’ve run that same scramble in early October ever since. Better odds of good weather then than early June. Hast been rained out since. 

Heat on in early June and windows open on Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

BTV AFD mentions record low 925mb temp on the GYX sounding.

“.NEAR TERM /THROUGH MONDAY/... As of 941 AM EDT Sunday...A rather chilly night last night acrs northern NY, where skies were clear and winds decoupled, allowing SLK to drop to 27F, one degree away from tying the record low for the date. In addition, have noted some snow in the obs atop Mt Washington this morning, and a record low 925mb temp of 1C observed on the Gray, ME sounding for the date, while we make the turn in less than 3 weeks.“