Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

50 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Lost weekend.  All good.  Get it out of the way before serious summer.

I mean in terms of quota ?

we're not fairly hurting - no way. 

That was like a 9.8  Mem Day Weekend  ... The return rate on having all 3 days rate -able so high, unperturbed like that is probably 30 years or something...   Pretty sure no one thought of that statistical oddity there.

And the week since only had the modest cool shot on Tuesday but we quickly recovered and nary missed a heat wave by a day - at least here.  Thur and Frid were both 92 and 93 respectively.

So it's shitty today.   Wahhhhhh ...  cry me a river.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

48 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That was like a 9.8  Mem Day Weekend  ... The return rate on having all 3 days rate -able so high, unperturbed like that is probably 30 years or something...   Pretty sure no one thought of that statistical oddity there.

And the week since only had the modest cool shot on Tuesday but we quickly recovered and nary missed a heat wave by a day - at least here.  Thur and Frid were both 92 and 93 respectively.

I would argue that this weekend is as bad as it gets in June.  But like I said-nbd.  My outdoor time isn’t relegated to 2 weekend days.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Excuse me Tippy.. do you know where I can find some booty?

• Haha 1

Point is ... you either accept our climatology/get real, and therefore considering where we've been ... figure we're batting in all-star range right now.

Or, you're unrealistic and your expectations are full of crap.

...up to you...

I realize I'm finger wagging at the straw-man, just sayn'.  I've seen it worse in June though, btw -

It's barely June. It's like blaming the child prodigy because they can't play sports with the other college kids.  I bet this month ends up above normal - any takers?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Point is ... you either accept our climatology/get real, and therefore considering where we've been ... figure we're batting in all-star range right now.

Or, you're unrealistic and your expectations are full of crap.

...up to you...

I realize I'm finger wagging at the straw-man, just sayn'.  I've seen it worse in June though, btw -

It's barely June. It's like blaming the child prodigy because they can't play sports with the other college kids.  I bet this month ends up above normal - any takers?

-30 high departures are something.  I will take the bet. BDL and PVD

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Got the sunny breaks this afternoon. No 40’s so model fail. But no 60’s . We’ve had worse days in June for sure 

Pc95CwK.jpg

I thought an UL low with NW flow over New England yields highs near 80F in June? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

During the first week of June 1991 I came east to find a place to move into by mid July.  I had a connection in PHL where it was thundery and humid.   Finally arrived here to cool and dank which heralded a multi day misery including one day with a high near 50 and heavy rain.    It cleared a day before I left and we were hot by my departure.  That was a pretty hot summer.  I arrived for good with temperatures in the upper 90s.

• Like 1