• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

8 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Really don't think I've ever experienced anything like this before.  Smoke smell is really intense and just being outside for 5 min hurts your throat and eyes.  Not going to water the garden tonight.

You're essentially right down the road from me.  It's awful here.  A very eerie orangish/grey sky, not a speck of sunlight.  It's down to 68 degrees, breezy, and smells like we're sitting next to a campfire.  I just closed every window up tight and hope the worst passes soon.  

I feel like I'm on an alien world.  Never saw this before.

12 minutes ago, Picard said:

You're essentially right down the road from me.  It's awful here.  A very eerie orangish/grey sky, not a speck of sunlight.  It's down to 68 degrees, breezy, and smells like we're sitting next to a campfire.  I just closed every window up tight and hope the worst passes soon.  

I feel like I'm on an alien world.  Never saw this before.

Same here.  Closed all the windows and your campfire analogy is perfect description.  Just what it smells like out there.  Really intense.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Same here.  Closed all the windows and your campfire analogy is perfect description.  Just what it smells like out there.  Really intense.

We have a small garden here, in pots on the back deck.  I just brought them all inside so my next salad doesn't taste like smoke.

0.03" rain from a shower here around 10 am, and another 0.03" here combined from two showers this afternoon.  We're really raking in the rainfall.

Lot's of long rolling thunder from that cell to our west earlier (the first of this afternoons two trivial rain showers) and that red sun is whacky!

Just now, NorthShoreWx said:

0.03" rain from a shower here around 10 am, and another 0.03" here combined from two showers this afternoon.  We're really raking in the rainfall.

Lot's of long rolling thunder from that cell to our west earlier (the first of this afternoons two trivial rain showers) and that red sun is whacky!

Yeah, can't buy a downpour anymore. Even with thunder and small hail earlier I only picked up 0.06. The shower really seemed to intensify the campfire scent... not sure if it mixed down thicker smoke or just made it more perceivable with the higher humidity.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SRRTA22 said:

I cant believe Im this excited for smoke:lol: and the winds make it even more unusual. 

Yeah it's really something out there. I was just out there doing some gardening a yardwork in this smoke. Never seen anything like this. A very cool sight with the moon being a red-pink color.