Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2023

Brian5671

10 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

NAM and 3km NAM shifted east on the 6z runs too. We'll see what the 12z runs show shortly, but I think that it's looking more and more likely that the major rainfall amounts will be on Long Island.

At least the models have some rain for our area and on radar you can see some rain coming up from the south that's likely going to hit us. I'm thinking a quarter to half inch, but maybe we can get a bit more if we get lucky with a downpour. Like I said yesterday, just give me enough to give the garden a decent watering. It has been so long since we've gotten any rain. 

Yeah the radar indicates we'll at least see something

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah the radar indicated we'll at least see something

And NAM just came back west, although it's close as we're not too far away from the sharp cutoff. Very tough forecast and we'll just have to see. Like you said, hoping for a half inch here. Would be great if we get lucky with some downpours and get an inch or more, but I'll be happy if we get a solid half inch. 

7 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Will make a half inch easily 

Yeah I think so. I'm up to 0.35" now. A nice steady moderate rain out there. High end moderate at times. It's looking as if this is our rain, late morning into early afternoon. Then mid to late afternoon it's mostly to the east. Heavier amounts for Long Island, but I'm glad we're getting a solid half inch here. Finally a nice watering for the garden for the first time this month. Maybe the only one for the whole month too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Yeah I think so. I'm up to 0.35" now. A nice steady moderate rain out there. High end moderate at times. It's looking as if this is our rain, late morning into early afternoon. Then mid to late afternoon it's mostly to the east. Heavier amounts for Long Island, but I'm glad we're getting a solid half inch here. Finally a nice watering for the garden for the first time this month. Maybe the only one for the whole month too. 

Yeah this first batch may be it

0.58" here. Rain is coming to an end now. HRRR says the rain for the rest of the day will be mostly NYC and east, and radar looks that way too. The models that had big rain totals well into NJ are going to be wrong, but at least this wasn't a bust. It was enough to give the good watering that we desperately needed.