May Discobs 2023

George BM

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mappy unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Definitely some “warning inflation” visible in that chart over time.

Looks that way. Just looking at that chart, you’d think 2022 was an interesting year compared to the 80s and 90s when I grew up here. 

But it was the most boring severe wx season I’ve ever seen. The 90s were far more interesting, and even witnessed a few hailstorms. One produced sizes between golf balls and tennis balls.  

• Like 2

My numbers for the month of May 2023.

Averaged high was 70.2 degrees vs a normal of 73.6 degrees, a -3.4 degrees below average. The warmest temp recorded was 82.0 degrees on the 9th. Averaged low was 47.6 degrees vs a normal of 48.6 degrees, a -1.0 degrees below average. The coldest temp recorded was 35.6 degrees on the 5th. Overall averaged temp was 58.9 degrees vs a normal of 61.1 degrees, a -2.2 degrees below average. Total rainfall for the month was 3.23 inches vs a normal of 4.30 inches, a -1.07 inches below average. The greatest daily rainfall was on the 30th with 0.64 inches falling. There were 14 days with measurable, two days with a 'T' and 15 dry days. There was no snowfall for the month. Highest wind recorded was 33 mph on the 3rd. Two new records, both 'cool maxes', set on the 2nd and 4th. Overall a cooler and drier than normal month. Records date back to October 1979.

• Like 5