Newest Member
    Dano62
May Discobs 2023

George BM

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flash flooding south of Roanoke and significant flash flooding ongoing around Bluefield WVa. More heavier showers and storms appear to be heading for the Bluefield area. Scanner is and has been busy with flooded homes, road closures and so forth.

Top 50 Live Audio Feeds (broadcastify.com) Mercer County scanner is 2nd or 3rd from the top.

On 5/23/2023 at 8:49 AM, CAPE said:

The upper ridge and sprawling surface HP to the north of the closed h5 low will likely keep most of the precip south/east of our region this weekend. That will make those who have outdoor plans happy, but the dryness will continue.

gfs-ens_mslpa_us_18.png

This post aged pretty well.

• Like 1

No rain here for the last 8 days, and what fell then wasn't very much. Letting the grass grow tall. Just mowed it to 4", and it still looks about as good as it can for here. If the dryness continues I probably won't bother watering it as it always goes to shit anyway with the high sun and heat in late June and July.

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Most guidance kept things to our south - good for outdoor stuff -  bad for lawns and gardens.  I had hoped for something today but….

Yeah no complaints here, but agree some rain would be good. 

2 hours ago, southmdwatcher said:

0.19" for the day, 1.71" for the month, and 11.2" for the year.

Finally got some much needed rain here.....-  0.57 since last night - 0.91 for the month and finally cracked the 10 inch mark for the year - 10.55

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Finally got some much needed rain here.....-  0.57 since last night - 0.91 for the month and finally cracked the 10 inch mark for the year - 10.55

You beat me. I only live 3 miles from Waynesboro. I received .38" last 24 hrs compared to your .57".

• mappy unpinned this topic