Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2023

George BM

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, high risk said:

NAM and GFS starting to come into agreement for an ugly Sunday, with lots of clouds and periods of light rain and drizzle keeping temps in the lower 60s.

The models seem to agree that Monday is a lost cause, but there is still a difference in how much of Sunday we can salvage.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

The models seem to agree that Monday is a lost cause, but there is still a difference in how much of Sunday we can salvage.

Seems like a real forum-divider. Looks like a nice weekend and almost completely dry up here. Could be pretty wet for parts of VA Sunday-Monday.

1 hour ago, George BM said:

Different view of the same dust devil.

I saw one of those one time while on Route 40 in Catonsville. It was throwing stuff way up in the air and the sky was completely blue. My Dad and I was so confused by what we were seeing, but as I got more into weather, it made sense. It made it from one side of the road to the other and then disappeared. Super cool.

I was in Myrtle Beach last summer on vacation and saw a bunch of water spouts. They were wayyyy offshore, but there was a bunch of them that just kept popping up for like an hour. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

I ordered a new sprinkler and it’s arriving tomorrow. Going to be put to immediate work. The sunny/dry spot in my yard is already getting crispy.

I didn’t notice it too much until walking around today, but the sunny areas are really drying out now.

That said, just another ridiculously beautiful day out there.

25 minutes ago, RIC_WX said:

10/10 today at Deep Creek, a little chilly in the shade but almost perfect.  Too bad the outlook for the weekend isn’t quite as nice.

I was about to say the say thing.  Perfect sitting out on the deck.  We’re about to had to the Farmer’s Market at the college.  Hopefully the weather ‘booms’ and the call for increasing clouds/shower chances doesn’t pan out.

There's a good chance that I won't hear a single rumble of thunder this month. Not to common to not hear any thunder in the month of May here.

There may have been audible thunder at my location on the 20th but I was busy doing some things and didn't notice.

51 minutes ago, George BM said:

There's a good chance that I won't hear a single rumble of thunder this month. Not to common to not hear any thunder in the month of May here.

There may have been audible thunder at my location on the 20th but I was busy doing some things and didn't notice.

We’ll see what June brings, but two years in a row with the least thunderstorm activity I can recall.

• Like 1

Global roundup…..euro, gfs, cmc all showing a dry sat/sun for most north of 66, which is nice to see. High res NAM does have some shower activity later in the day Sunday.

last nights weather at the Os game was perfect despite the outcome.

2 hours ago, Rvarookie said:

Little chilly and dreary but got butt on the smoker and soon booze in the belly, so life is good 

Gorgeous and sunny up in northern Maryland but my day for smoking a butt is Monday so chilly, damp and dreary may be the order of the day for that activity then too. 

• mappy unpinned this topic