Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discobs 2023

George BM

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Some changes on all the 3 globals today towards wetter chances late next week. All show a semi-tropical (??) coastal low and an upper level low bringing unsettled weather somewhere in the east coast. Big variance in where. Gfs brings it into VA with quite a deluge for the holiday weekend.

Fits with the pattern of semi crappy weekends. Why not bring in some sort of tropical system for the holiday!

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Some changes on all the 3 globals today towards wetter chances late next week. All show a semi-tropical (??) coastal low and an upper level low bringing unsettled weather somewhere in the east coast. Big variance in where. Gfs brings it into VA with quite a deluge for the holiday weekend.

A cutoff low in the southeast that brings moisture along with mild temps sounds much better than a chilly/breezy northern stream vort (I'm at least semi-retired from those unless they bring a productive winter clipper or summer severe).

Forecast here has increased rain totals for tomorrow- up from a tenth or less to as much as a half inch now. CAMs seem to be more west with moisture from the coastal, while globals are generally further east/drier. Also looks like an opportunity for some scattered showers with the frontal passage, mainly along/east of I-95. My money is on  a quarter inch or less  through Sunday.

11 hours ago, CAPE said:

Forecast here has increased rain totals for tomorrow- up from a tenth or less to as much as a half inch now. CAMs seem to be more west with moisture from the coastal, while globals are generally further east/drier. Also looks like an opportunity for some scattered showers with the frontal passage, mainly along/east of I-95. My money is on  a quarter inch or less  through Sunday.

Nothing in my point and click up this way. Thick fog out there this morning. The ground dried out fast from the last rain we had. I've been running sprinklers on my potato crop this week. 

• Like 1

Taking my mom to Cincinnati for a few days and we are driving (getting close to “get any trips in now” stage as she ages) - and we came halfway last night and stopped in Washington, PA in far western part of the state and it is pouring here this AM. Will drive out of it as we head west a few hours but hoping this line holds and gets a good chunk of our forum  this evening. 

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Pretty decent shower moving through now. Right on the edge of the precip. Looks like much of Delaware will get a pretty good soaking today.

Wonder whether the incoming line from the West nudges the coastal rainfall shield further East, missing DE and getting mostly Southern asnd Eastern NJ. I hope not. 

Amazing that Central VA is clear at the moment.   

29 minutes ago, frd said:

Wonder whether the incoming line from the West nudges the coastal rainfall shield further East, missing DE and getting mostly Southern asnd Eastern NJ. I hope not. 

Amazing that Central VA is clear at the moment.   

Next batch looks to be focused right along the immediate coast on the mesos. I managed to pick up 0.18" with the showers earlier. 

Best rain chances the rest of today are probably with any showers/storms along the front later.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

15 hours ago, mdhokie said:

Fits with the pattern of semi crappy weekends. Why not bring in some sort of tropical system for the holiday!

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952d67c7acb655b7a9c5

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

43 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Next batch looks to be focused right along the immediate coast on the mesos. I managed to pick up 0.18" with the showers earlier. 

Best rain chances the rest of today are probably with any showers/storms along the front later.

Yes some rain here.  The front out West looks decent.  .18 is a win these days.  

20 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Euro is not that far off from a similar solution.

Guidance generally has been hinting at a window for tropical/subtropical development off the SE for a few days now, which fits climo. Doesn’t need to be a well defined system to cause a messy weekend regardless.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Kudos to the mesoscale models which had enhancements to the line just south of 66.

44 minutes ago, yoda said:

Little bow in Fauquier County on radar

That’s a solid little bow or LEWP

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic