SnowHabit
May Discobs 2023

George BM

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Typical clipper-like outcome from this system. We need to get away from this La Niña, w/nw flow style of a pattern and get the Gulf of Mexico/Atlantic involved again on a more consistent basis.

Agreed , 100%.... Trying to get grass and landscaping looking good and growing at our house that was rebuilt last summer , I would like to get consistent moisture this spring and early summer - except for that 1 Thursday morning it just hasn't happened down here... 

59 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Hopefully we pay with about 4” of rain over a 2 week stretch

You are right on the money!!! I have received only 50% of normal in May.

Our best wish would be 6 inches of rain over a 2 week period........... About .48" per day nonstop 7 days a week, slow and soaking.............. Some would commit suicide, but WTH....

2 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Swwwww.. only 40. Plants aren't happy but they survived. 

got down to 36 at my house. i moved plants inside and/or covered them. wasn't taking chances on newly planted flowers. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mappy said:

got down to 36 at my house. i moved plants inside and/or covered them. wasn't taking chances on newly planted flowers. 

37 here. Moved plants in where I could, covered others where I could. The newly planted tomatoes were on their own. I think it was ok. Didn't see any frost. 

3 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

37 here. Moved plants in where I could, covered others where I could. The newly planted tomatoes were on their own. I think it was ok. Didn't see any frost. 

yeah no frost at my house either. but was def chilly. nice out there now. 

• Like 1

Kinda surprised by the lack of humidity again today, even with the southerly wind.  Once that upper level ridge moves east, I imagine tomorrow will be a little more humid.  This spring has been the type that should cater to just about everyone.  It's been mostly mild, but also mostly dry (for those who are anti-humidity).  I don't really have any interest in an all day rain event, but it would be nice to get some afternoon storms added to the equation in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 87storms said:

Kinda surprised by the lack of humidity again today, even with the southerly wind.  Once that upper level ridge moves east, I imagine tomorrow will be a little more humid.  This spring has been the type that should cater to just about everyone.  It's been mostly mild, but also mostly dry (for those who are anti-humidity).  I don't really have any interest in an all day rain event, but it would be nice to get some afternoon storms added to the equation in the next few weeks.

At least this wasn’t a cold/wet gut punch of a spring after a record warm winter

• Like 2

Some changes on all the 3 globals today towards wetter chances late next week. All show a semi-tropical (??) coastal low and an upper level low bringing unsettled weather somewhere in the east coast. Big variance in where. Gfs brings it into VA with quite a deluge for the holiday weekend.

• Sad 1

• mappy unpinned this topic