joxey
May Discobs 2023

George BM

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Soil is pretty dry here. Over 10 days with little to no rain since the 1-2 punch deal.

Someone bump the drought thread. B)

Yep very dry here as well. The sun is very hot during the afternoon, had to water my garden tonight because I am fearful tomorrow is only .25 of rain, if that.  

Quick dumb question......

I have a line of 60 dBz thunderstorms bearing down on me in south central Texas in about an hour. What can they do? What should I expect?

I am NO meteorologist, but this is going to be very, very BAD.

Been real, REALLY nice knowin' y'all. The honor has been all mine.

Looking at the radar this morning it appears that the rain showers are further north in Pennsylvania I thought that the models yesterday were depicting most of the rainfall being forced to the South but generally less overall.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, frd said:

Looking at the radar this morning it appears that the rain showers are further north in Pennsylvania I thought that the models yesterday were depicting most of the rainfall being forced to the South but generally less overall.

Yup. Growing season is here lol. I have a feeling it's going to be a very dry warm season. 

Sprinkle and warm. 67

19 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Yup. Growing season is here lol. I have a feeling it's going to be a very dry warm season. 

Sprinkle and warm. 67

Thought I saw seasonal precipitation during the summer as being above normal near the Mid-Atlantic coastal area maybe it was the European model. Also thinking about the implications of the El nino.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frd said:

I think that PA batch was supposed to be our rain, and the stuff this afternoon will be south.  Going out now to water my garden LOL

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

I think that PA batch was supposed to be our rain, and the stuff this afternoon will be south.  Going out now to water my garden LOL

The area of precipitation seems to be trending a bit east Southeast hoping that maybe I'll get at least something but we'll have to order tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

That would be much appreciated. Models really choked with this system. Euro from a few days ago was probably best. 

The HRRR still has my area getting maybe a quarter max. Just hit 0.50". Sort of in the 'jack zone' here(such that it is) which most models have south of here. Euro and also the ICON appear to be closest to reality, at least over this way. 3km NAM has been a bit all over, but the latest run looks close to what is actually occurring.

Hello guys. I typically don't post much this time of the year, but I'm hoping the niño don't get too strong this fall and winter but if it does, perhaps we will get a -qbo or a favorable blocking pattern that allows for some cold air at times, which very little happened last winter. I'm in Tennessee and we got a mini ice storm in February and that big Christmas cold blast but it definitely overall wasn't cold. 

7 hours ago, mattie g said:

Going to my cousin's outdoor wedding in Lewes today. Should be fun!

:lol:

Looking at radar over that way. :yikes:

You should stop at the DFH store in Rehoboth and pick up a 4 pack of Utopias barrel-aged 120 min, and a couple bottles of aged WWS or 120s. Worth it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, frd said:

Thought I saw seasonal precipitation during the summer as being above normal near the Mid-Atlantic coastal area maybe it was the European model. Also thinking about the implications of the El nino.

EL NINO is gonna be here by July. Gonna be sweet, cool RAINY times in south Texas late this year! Gonna have one hell of a PAC JET anchored over the Deep South and Texas!

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

The HRRR still has my area getting maybe a quarter max. Just hit 0.50". Sort of in the 'jack zone' here(such that it is) which most models have south of here. Euro and also the ICON appear to be closest to reality, at least over this way. 3km NAM has been a bit all over, but the latest run looks close to what is actually occurring.

Parts of southern PA have to be over 1”

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic