SnowHabit
May Discobs 2023

George BM

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Awesome. Were they packed? We packed up and headed across the BB for our post ride beer.

edit: it just occurred to me that you were saying that I should hit up RAR. Duh. :lol:

:-)  I wish I could have made it down there.  I had Cataract surgery on Thursday and am still under Dr. Orders to take it easy....:(

I have plenty in the fridge thought :-)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Beautiful day in Cambridge. Started out chilly and very foggy, but by 9AM, it was stellar. Perfect day for my niece and I to do her first century ride.

image.jpeg.f0ca5c1aa8730d1e8c0caefa244eea7c.jpeg

Congratulations to your niece.  Rode a century on my 1886 Columbia High-Wheel a long time ago in Germany.  That was a lot of "fun" - haha.  One of those things I'll likely never do again.  Never rode a century on a normal bike.  Hats off to your niece.  Nice average speed too.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Beautiful day in Cambridge. Started out chilly and very foggy, but by 9AM, it was stellar. Perfect day for my niece and I to do her first century ride.

image.jpeg.f0ca5c1aa8730d1e8c0caefa244eea7c.jpeg

Congrats on the century.  Perfect day for it.  I only managed to squeeze in a quarter of a century between the kids' soccer games.  

• Like 1

With alittle bit of light rain so far today , that puts it at only .25 in the 10 days since the deluge, gotten kind of dry down here again despite the cooler temps last week.... we missed most of the 2nd storm last sunday and the upper level low showers at the beginning of last week.. may have been just a jackpot rain event in a overall drought pattern..

With alittle bit of light rain so far today , that puts it at only .25 in the 10 days since the deluge, gotten kind of dry down here again despite the cooler temps last week.... we missed most of the 2nd storm last sunday and the upper level low showers at the beginning of last week.. may have been just a jackpot rain event in a overall drought pattern..

It was getting drought-y up here, but I think Frederick did pretty well in the precip department from that thorny cutoff/ull low. However, i could see how those that missed out on the goods from that one are gonna need a gully washer soon. I think this type of pattern could play out better in the summer if we get a Bermuda high with these continued high latitude pieces of energy riding through.

Interesting level of disagreement on tomorrows rain. 12z 3k NAM was a solid rain event for the entire area. 12z gfs sorta similar but lighter and more focused to our northeast. 12z GGEM is light showers mostly through VA. 6z euro more NAM-like on precip swath, but not as heavy. 

39 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Interesting level of disagreement on tomorrows rain. 12z 3k NAM was a solid rain event for the entire area. 12z gfs sorta similar but lighter and more focused to our northeast. 12z GGEM is light showers mostly through VA. 6z euro more NAM-like on precip swath, but not as heavy. 

NAM is definitely more aggressive with precip, but they all tell the same story that tomorrow is gloomy and chilly.

• mappy unpinned this topic