Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2023

George BM

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

Wow where?  I got down to 39 and saw a little frost on some roofs.  Hopefully no more cold nights because I am ready to get annuals in the ground!

Same here! Only 42 at my place this morning. Can't wait to get my weed plants in! Tomatoes and other stuff too of course lol

• Haha 1

Enough breaks in the clouds to turn into a very nice day. Just biked at the ‘shed. Trail was only marginally damp with a few slick spots, but it’s pretty clear we needed the rain (though the trails do naturally dry quicker here than some of the other more low lying ones that have less elevation changes).

48 minutes ago, RickinBaltimore said:

Holy moly this is just an amazing day. Bright sun, warm but not humid. 11/10.

8 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Spring chickens are out and greenhouse is being unloaded. Severe beautiful warning in effect all evening. 

Perfection.

Been outside all day soaking it up. Planted some perennial native grasses this morning when it was misty and temps in the 40s. Now sipping a margarita and placing some annuals in the pots on the deck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

Perfection.

Been outside all day soaking it up. Planted some perennial native grasses this morning when it was misty and temps in the 40s. Now sipping a margarita and placing some annuals in the pots on the deck.

Which grasses??

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Beautiful day in Cambridge. Started out chilly and very foggy, but by 9AM, it was stellar. Perfect day for my niece and I to do her first century ride.

image.jpeg.f0ca5c1aa8730d1e8c0caefa244eea7c.jpeg

Hit Up RAR....they had their Star Wars OOO drop this week and still have some in the fridge. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Nice! We have some little bluestem. Also some pink muhly grass and a random mix of a few others that i seeded in one spot and not quite sure whatever took

Awesome. I have found that in many cases it is a waste of time trying to get plants to grow and thrive here in the woods (plus the silty/sandy soil), if they aren't native. I was looking for something native that got BIG- to serve as a demarcation between my back lawn/garden area and the edge of the actual woods. The big bluestem can get up to 8 ft tall, plus they turn a pretty red/orange color in the Fall. They self-seed and also spread via rhizomes, so it will be interesting to see how this ends up lol.

• mappy unpinned this topic