• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2023

George BM

Been seeing more pockets of breaks in the clouds today than yesterday.  Sun actually poked through for a few minutes here.  Hopefully, any daytime heating doesn't cause too much instability/clouds the rest of the day...unless it's a thunderstorm.  I'm kinda game for that.  Was surprised to see it mentioned in today's forecast.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, stormy said:

The 3715' elevation at Canaan Heights compared to your average 3400' is elevation event on steroids with this event. Do you accept your elevation as 3400 ft., one source says 3300 and another says 3500?

The town of Davis is more in the range of 3100' at the river to maybe 3200' at the top of town.

• Like 1

Can you imagine the summit of Spruce Knob at 4862'

If I was nearby with a high clearance 4x4, I would drive up there. The road is not bad.

Western Highland County Va. reported 8 inches.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

Probably wouldn't be much different than Snowshoe.

You're probably right as Spruce is only 14 feet higher than Snowshoe.  But, Spruce is 35 miles northeast of Snowshoe.  That could make a difference and Snowshoe has been on the southern fringe of qp.

4 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

My hopes for some sun today are fading as cloud deck has quickly moved in.  I hope this is the last cloudy chilly day.  

2 hours ago, 87storms said:

Started off with a little sun, but clouds continue to filter in with that cold upper level low still hanging around (though it does feel a little nicer outside overall). Hoping to see more breaks in the sun by the afternoon.

Yeah, the 'sunnier with less wind' is starting to fade (literally) as we head into the afternoon. Set a new 'cool max' again, 50.7 degrees was the high, old mark was 52.0 degrees from 2004. Least we have topped yesterday as currently it is 52.5 degrees at 1 pm, oh, with cloudy skies and NNW wind at 7 gusting to 19. 

Yeah, the 'sunnier with less wind' is starting to fade (literally) as we head into the afternoon. Set a new 'cool max' again, 50.7 degrees was the high, old mark was 52.0 degrees from 2004. Least we have topped yesterday as currently it is 52.5 degrees at 1 pm, oh, with cloudy skies and NNW wind at 7 gusting to 19. 

Yea, this has essentially been a weeklong, upper Midwest/NE pattern. Need to get some warming of the mids. I’m ready for 80s, sun with occasional afternoon storms to track, though I’d also take 70s and clouds at this point lol.

• mappy unpinned this topic