Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Banter 2023

George BM

On 5/25/2023 at 11:14 PM, MillvilleWx said:

Hey everyone! Just letting y'all know that my wife and I will be in the area sometime in August until potentially forever because I got the job at the Weather Prediction Center!!! 

I AM COMING HOME!!! :santa:

@MillvilleWx, a little late to the party here as I haven't been on in awhile...but CONGRATS!!!!  Very happy for you getting the WPC position...well earned and well deserved!  When do you start (I guess sometime in August given what you say above)?  Now...all you have to do is bring the snow back here with you, right?! :lol::snowing:  Maybe I can catch you sometime at NCWCP, I do head over there now and then from Silver Spring HQ.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, understudyhero said:

I used to use iweathernet.com to get estimated rainfall over the last 72 hours, but lately you can't zoom into street level and the maximum zoom is useless now.

Where can I get the same info?

If you’re looking for totals in urban areas like around here, you may want to set up a CoCoRaHS account.

image.png.2cc2988c73516443d6c659da8f4b83e6.png

20 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

@MillvilleWx, a little late to the party here as I haven't been on in awhile...but CONGRATS!!!!  Very happy for you getting the WPC position...well earned and well deserved!  When do you start (I guess sometime in August given what you say above)?  Now...all you have to do is bring the snow back here with you, right?! :lol::snowing:  Maybe I can catch you sometime at NCWCP, I do head over there now and then from Silver Spring HQ.

Thanks!! Definitely excited and no official date yet, but August time frame is very likely. I cannot wait! 

And we will certainly stay in touch. Now that we’ll be home for good, would love to meet many in here for cocktails and conversing. Looks like we’ll be staking our place in the Frederick area, which is where my wife and I have been eyeing for years. So excited! 

Also, if anyone in here is from the Frederick area, would love to chat about areas to visit, places to partake, and any other cool tidbits about the town and surroundings. I know a decent bit, but I have been gone for so long and things are a changin! 

I know @Mrs.Jis up there! :)

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Thanks!! Definitely excited and no official date yet, but August time frame is very likely. I cannot wait! 

And we will certainly stay in touch. Now that we’ll be home for good, would love to meet many in here for cocktails and conversing. Looks like we’ll be staking our place in the Frederick area, which is where my wife and I have been eyeing for years. So excited! 

Also, if anyone in here is from the Frederick area, would love to chat about areas to visit, places to partake, and any other cool tidbits about the town and surroundings. I know a decent bit, but I have been gone for so long and things are a changin! 

Whatever you do, don’t end up in a precip hole like @EastCoast NPZ or torchy low elevation spot for snow.

I need a good place to chase when the next region wide blizzard arrives :lol: 

• Haha 4

• mappy unpinned this topic
On 5/31/2023 at 2:36 PM, WxWatcher007 said:

Whatever you do, don’t end up in a precip hole like @EastCoast NPZ or torchy low elevation spot for snow.

I need a good place to chase when the next region wide blizzard arrives :lol: 

Looks like I'll be in northeast Frederick, possibly. We will be back in the area for a short time mid-June and we have a tour planned for a really nice complex near Market Commons. That's a great spot on the north side of town. They score up in those parts given history. Should be good! 

• Like 2

On 5/31/2023 at 3:16 PM, MillvilleWx said:

Yep I have lived in Frederick for over 20 years now. Am a transplant from OH. Ask anything you like. 

• Like 1