Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Banter 2023

George BM

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Saw a male hummingbird at my feeder last night. Yay!

Awesome!

First sighting here was about a month ago, but I think we're finally seeing those that are going to stick around for the summer. A couple sightings daily now with the recognizable whir of a hummingbird flying through the air becoming a more regular sound.

My little one and I named them last year - female is Lavender and male is Trumpet!

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Awesome!

First sighting here was about a month ago, but I think we're finally seeing those that are going to stick around for the summer. A couple sightings daily now with the recognizable whir of a hummingbird flying through the air becoming a more regular sound.

My little one and I named them last year - female is Lavender and male is Trumpet!

That's great! Love the names :) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Hey everyone! Just letting y'all know that my wife and I will be in the area sometime in August until potentially forever because I got the job at the Weather Prediction Center!!! 

I AM COMING HOME!!! :santa:

YES!!! Congratulations!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Hey everyone! Just letting y'all know that my wife and I will be in the area sometime in August until potentially forever because I got the job at the Weather Prediction Center!!! 

Wonderful news!!!! Congratulations!!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Extreme Congratulations!

A Severe Celebration Warning is in effect. :tomato:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Fantastic. This has to be a good omen for winter 23-24 snow totals.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Wow! Great going and welcome back to the DMV! Hope u can work some magic at WPC to improve our winters.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Congratulations. Thanks for updating us.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

That’s absolutely fantastic news - congrats!!!!!

• Like 1

Just came out on the deck and saw a kingbird and great crested flycaycher fighting over a tiger swallowtail. I startled them and the butterfly escaped! Barely! Happy to see the GCF back. They started nesting somewhere close by a couple years ago. In other animal news, I saw an otter again! Same spot as a winter sighting I posted about. Swimming at surface with his/her head up, and checking me out, unmistakably otter. It has been many MANY years since I've seen one :D:):wub:

Wishing all a wonderful holiday weekend!

• Like 5

On 5/25/2023 at 11:14 PM, MillvilleWx said:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I will look forward to your expert eye on the sky commentary next winter.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 11:14 PM, MillvilleWx said:

We’re so excited. Welcome home. Such great news. 

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for the congratulations. My wife and I are super excited to be back in the area later this summer. I will keep everyone abreast on where we will be located and the first day date for my new position. I am excited to be a local again! I will also be participating in CoCoRaH's once I'm settled. Now, let's enjoy summer and hope winter brings the goods in 7 months :)

• Like 14

15 hours ago, ravensrule said:

You have teams in 19 different cities. You aren’t exactly a real fan. 

Uh, no lol.  Wizards, Commanders, Penguins, Rangers.

Rangers because of my dad when they used to be the Washington Senators before moving to Texas

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, nj2va said:

That is such a puzzling list of teams lol

Nationals didn't exist when I was watching baseball with my Dad when i was younger, so when he was watching the Texas Rangers, I cheered for them as well.  Been a Penguins fan for over 20 years now. 

17 minutes ago, yoda said:

Nationals didn't exist when I was watching baseball with my Dad when i was younger, so when he was watching the Texas Rangers, I cheered for them as well.  Been a Penguins fan for over 20 years now. 

All fine teams except for the pens lol.

Yuck...... j/k

• Haha 4

• mappy unpinned this topic