Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2023

George BM

19 hours ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Just got back from picking up my kid from uni {as the Brits say) in central NYS. Very cool seeing the green blush of spring in the trees get lighter and lighter as we drove north.

Or climb in altitude. Above 4000 has just leafed out in last couple of days here. 

1 hour ago, MacChump said:

for those of you who partake, this is exciting...do we have an actual 9????

Folarin Balogun eligible for USMNT after FIFA approve eligibility change from England

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/4949621/balogun-eligible-for-usmnt-after-fifa-approve-request

Yes. Yes we do, in fact, have a 9!

Of course, Pepi is a pretty damn good young #9, but having Balogun as an option along with Pepi and any of the other strikers in the pool is massive!

• Like 3

A stately tree!  This is actually on the grounds of Georgetown Prep school (right at the entrance), near where I live.  I've always liked this tree and have taken several shots of it.  Difficult to get it while avoiding buildings, street, traffic lights, etc. (it's right off Rockville Pike).  But I found an angle that worked.  So here it is, at dusk/sunset...

Misc2023_194.thumb.jpg.55cc56620b671acec76529b9afc5a430.jpg

• Like 12

Not looking for spoilers, but has anyone played Tears of the Kingdom yet?

I picked up a Switch a couple months ago and have been playing a lot of Breath of the Wild (when I can), but I'm purposely holding out on TotK until I've thoroughly explored that world and gone about as far as I feel I can. What a game!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

I picked up a Switch a couple months ago and have been playing a lot of Breath of the Wild (when I can), but I'm purposely holding out on TotK until I've thoroughly explored that world and gone about as far as I feel I can. What a game!

I took the day off school last Friday to play through it and its been an amazing experience, it truly builds on every single mechanic of Botw and fixes almost all of its problems but please explore all of Botw before Totk because after starting Totk. Despite how good Botw is Totk makes it feel unfinished and like a first draft. Also I've played for like 30 hours and there is still so much more to do, the world feels so much more interconnected and alive. The story (at least how far I've gotten) also seems to be more in depth. So yes please play it. They even managed to make the sunsets and sunrises look even better than Botw. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I took the day off school last Friday to play through it and its been an amazing experience, it truly builds on every single mechanic of Botw and fixes almost all of its problems but please explore all of Botw before Totk because after starting Totk. Despite how good Botw is Totk makes it feel unfinished and like a first draft. Also I've played for like 30 hours and there is still so much more to do, the world feels so much more interconnected and alive. The story (at least how far I've gotten) also seems to be more in depth. So yes please play it. They even managed to make the sunsets and sunrises look even better than Botw. 

Awesome - that's a great rundown without spoiling anything!

I'm quite far along in BotW, but I've decided to just make sure that I'm fully exploring everything. I could easily beat Ganon at this point, but that's just one piece of playing this game and I have no desire to rush it!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

Highly recommend! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Some changes on all the 3 globals today towards wetter chances late next week. All show a semi-tropical (??) coastal low and an upper level low bringing unsettled weather somewhere in the east coast. Big variance in where. Gfs brings it into VA with quite a deluge for the holiday weekend.

That's opening day at the pool, when we recruit the last stragglers for the swim team and make some money from our bake sale. Big nope on that!

Mid May and into the show season full swing. Have done a few the past month but this weekend kicks off the official, in my opinion at least for us, show season. Double header this weekend with a start at Morven Park. Looking like the rain will hold off as the kid is showing around 1pm. Tomorrow out to Berryville with a later start as the show has grown in popularity. Kid is on a green bean (meaning he is young, inexperienced and first year jumping at 2'6") 17hh guy. Each hand is 4" so he is about 6'1" at the withers AKA a big guy!

Will take in these cloudy somewhat cooler shows as I know what is most likely to come. 

Thanks to all who wished me a Happy Mom's day. I have been in go mode and not checked in till this morning when I saw I had notifications. Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

• Like 5

Turned out to be a nice day. Biked Easton to Oxford, took the ferry across and then continued on through St Michaels all the way down to Tilghman island and then back up to Easton. The morning overcast and made it perfect for it because that route generally has little shade from the sun.

On 5/19/2023 at 8:52 AM, mattie g said:

I haven't gotten it Tok yet, but YES bro--take your time with BOTW. That world is so vast it's ridiculous. With the pace at which I play video games now, I got a solid two years out of that game--and enjoyed every minute of it! I mean BOTW may be the greatest game I've ever played. And the environment was so realistic that you think for a second you're in the real world! I'm currently playing Crash 4 (don't judge me, lol)--as soon as I finish that I'm jumping into Tok--can't wait!!

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Up way too early on a Sunday, but it’s Mini-Map’s dance recital day (my first as a paid studio employee too!)

Before I go, please help me wish @H2Oa very happy birthday! Happy birthday my friend! 

Thank you!  I’m not officially recognizing the age I’m at now and going with the age my kid gave me. I’m 46. 

And hope the recital goes well today!!

Thanks as well to @WxUSAF

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• mappy unpinned this topic