Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Banter 2023

George BM

On 5/7/2023 at 10:22 AM, Kay said:

Terrible, horrible phone pic but for bird peeps this pileated friend from a few days ago. There's actually a nice-sized group in these woods this year, it's very cool! I've seen multiples at once but not this close/in flight.

IMG_4294.thumb.JPG.d0ab5a59f67132ad84f4b944948f6487.JPG

i’ve heard them call around me for years but only saw my first one Monday. he’s now busy defending his territory and looking for a mate. i was pretty psyched.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

The Os taking two of three from the Rays after having just had a really hard series against Atlanta is super impressive.

3-3 against the only two teams with better records and a +3 run differential in those six games is really quite excellent.

Gotta take two of three from the Pirates.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention, I went to Utah last weekend and did some hiking.... Above 8000 feet there was still 6 feet of snow on the ground. Truly astonishing. We got to hike in shorts in 60 degree weather on snow pack!  The ski resorts were still open also.  

Our waitress at a restaurant in Park City said that they are gonna try to Ski on Fourth of July this year in Snow Bird!

• Like 5

If anyone is on the W shore of the bay between Mayo and Arundel on the Bay or on the S side of Kent Island - there are C-2 Greyhound airplanes doing racetracks over the bay at low altitude. Good photo-op for those in a position to snap pics. Maybe preparing for a flyover at the Naval Academy - but so far haven't directly passed over there. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 7:22 AM, Stormfly said:

We have a mating pair nearby and the "laughing" call drives my dog nuts.

They do like the tree stumps though and get fairly close but are about as skittish as a fox when it comes to human noise!

7DOr9u2.jpg

Great pic.  We had one in our yard going at a tree that isn't doing so hot because of lanterflys.  It made some huge holes. 

Screenshot_20230511_115452_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MDScienceTeacher said:

Forgot to mention, I went to Utah last weekend and did some hiking.... Above 8000 feet there was still 6 feet of snow on the ground. Truly astonishing. We got to hike in shorts in 60 degree weather on snow pack!  The ski resorts were still open also.  

Our waitress at a restaurant in Park City said that they are gonna try to Ski on Fourth of July this year in Snow Bird!

You needed to strap on some snow skis and enjoy some fantastic May skiing!

Ski It! 'Board It! DIG IT!!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jebman said:

It is VERY HUMID today in Buda, 88 degrees with 76 dewpoints. 

We might get some rain tomorrow night. Maybe.

We had golf ball sized hail (never experienced that before, not fun, luckily only superficial damage) and now nearing 6" of rain. In the high plains desert of Colorado!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Need some warmer weather to warm up the pool in preparation for opening weekend (May 27)! And it would be really nice to have that be a toasty day since the pool is open to anyone that day and we use it as a last push to get new kids to join the swim team!

Our pool installed a new heater and they sent out a message saying that it was 81 degrees and they are opening this weekend.  Of course, the Saturday weather looks poor.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mattie g said:

Need some warmer weather to warm up the pool in preparation for opening weekend (May 27)! And it would be really nice to have that be a toasty day since the pool is open to anyone that day and we use it as a last push to get new kids to join the swim team!

I’ve always found that kids peeing in it warms it up quick

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Went to the Os game again tonite. Mullins hit for the cycle in the win. Even before that, best home atmosphere I have seen for the team since 2016.

25000 fans and they were way into the game from the outset.

if you are an Os fan and get a chance to go, that’s a good baseball team to see play.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Went to the Os game again tonite. Mullins hit for the cycle in the win. Even before that, best home atmosphere I have seen for the team since 2016.

25000 fans and they were way into the game from the outset.

if you are an Os fan and get a chance to go, that’s a good baseball team to see play.

I was there too! First game ever for my 6yo and my 10yo also had a blast. It was school night so a bunch of the class was there. 

I haven't been to a game in years, whats the deal with very few gates open to leave? Kinda felt crowded as the mob was leaving through half a gate.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic