Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2023 General Discussion

Spartman

2 hours ago, SolidIcewx said:

Absolutely a gorgeous day today! I’m glad we paid our dues for the omega block pattern. 0 complaints 

Well don’t get too excited, this too shall pass. MJO is looking more likely that we to go back to cooler than normal with an eastern trough/western ridge around or after the 15th of the month and you guessed it, the blocking persists the rest of the month. 

Hopefully we’re done with the freezing temps but I bet we get close. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Harry Perry said:

Well don’t get too excited, this too shall pass. MJO is looking more likely that we to go back to cooler than normal with an eastern trough/western ridge around or after the 15th of the month and you guessed it, the blocking persists the rest of the month. 

Hopefully we’re done with the freezing temps but I bet we get close. 

Good thing I’ll be in Clearwater for 7 days lol. And yes you are correct gotta enjoy it while it lasts!

• Thanks 1

DVN's radar is all whacko right now.  Somehow they have the image turned counter-clockwise by 90 degrees.  The precip is moving north-northwest on the animation when it should be moving east-northeast.  The ground clutter from the giant wind farm down in Henry county is now up in northern Whiteside CO.  You can see it on the COD site, and other software programs show the same thing, so it's definitely a DVN issue. 

Their radar was down for awhile the other day.  Wonder if something got screwed up putting it back online.

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

DVN's radar is all whacko right now.  Somehow they have the image turned counter-clockwise by 90 degrees.  The precip is moving north-northwest on the animation when it should be moving east-northeast.  The ground clutter from the giant wind farm down in Henry county is now up in northern Whiteside CO.  You can see it on the COD site, and other software programs show the same thing, so it's definitely a DVN issue. 

Their radar was down for awhile the other day.  Wonder if something got screwed up putting it back online.

Interesting.

2 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

37 minutes ago, bowtie` said:

Interesting.

Looks like the last image is from 0055Z. Nothing since then. Must be trying to rectify it.

.25 inch of rain last night with a low of 40.  Already 48 with just a few sprinkles out there.

First deer I've seen up here since late December.  Slowly migrating back to the higher terrain areas.  I specifically remember this young doe.  It was hell keeping her out of the garden last Summer...  Bottle rockets seem to do the trick tho lol

1645693247_IMG_7151(1).thumb.PNG.5da8ca125bbdbb4a4bbc4583133df216.PNG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chambana said:

House rattling storms right now, woke me from a dead sleep and scared the bejesus out of me. 

5 hours ago, Chambana said:

House rattling storms right now, woke me from a dead sleep and scared the bejesus out of me. 

1 hour ago, IWXwx said:

Almost four hours of off and on nocturnal boomers. A good night.

Up and down night here also. At some point there was some larger-than-quarter hail. Sounded like hell on the aluminum back porch cover. Tore the sheet-rock out of the trees here.  1.72 in the tippy bucket so far.