Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2023 General Discussion

Spartman

14 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Looks like one more shot at a freeze around next Wednesday, and then we should finally end the freeze threat. 

Yeah I think we are going to be gradually warm after this next 5 days. Back half of the month is already starting to show some eastern ridging on longer range models. The light at the end of the tunnel is quickly approaching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stebo said:

Yeah I think we are going to be gradually warm after this next 5 days. Back half of the month is already starting to show some eastern ridging on longer range models. The light at the end of the tunnel is quickly approaching.

Good, because this shit is ass.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

Had enough flakes this morning to turn the deck slightly slushy.  Mostly rain now.  Keeping the May snow streak alive for another year.

I feel really bad for the north tier of our sub. Feet of heavy wet snow is hard to imagine

2 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

It has literally been pound town for about 13 hours now with in excess of a foot of snow.  Remarkably power is still on but has been flashing.  Another 24 hours of snow with 20" in the point yet to fall.  This could be the densest snow I've ever witnessed.

Very curious what the snow/water ratio ends up at. Glad to hear you still have power, hopefully it stays on.

8 minutes ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Very curious what the snow/water ratio ends up at. Glad to hear you still have power, hopefully it stays on.

Just measured this on my driveway which was back to asphalt yesterday after 2.5" of snow night before last.

MQT as of 7 am had 10.5" with 2.00 liquid, so ratios running  just over 5:1.

1834248674_thumbnail(1).thumb.jpg.a1e8acbd7f0d78c6531e3363a66423b9.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, weatherbo said:

It has literally been pound town for about 13 hours now with in excess of a foot of snow.  Remarkably power is still on but has been flashing.  Another 24 hours of snow with 20" in the point yet to fall.  This could be the densest snow I've ever witnessed.

Hopefully power stays on at it slows a bit. Too much snow on trees and infrastructure is scary I’ve come to realize imby. That melt from the water content is going to be quite something. I’m sure the utility companies up there are better then consumers and DTE down here

3 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Amazing setup yall are un up there. Pretty amazing and remarkable for the first of May.