• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

Well happy to say that I survived installing my two window ac units, not a single drop of sweat spilled. We’ll see when I will actually need them. I did want to get them in before I’m out of town next week. I’d never hear the end of it if I was gone and my wife didn’t have ac in the bedroom. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Do you need a whole new door or just the screen needs replacing?   Many hardware stores will do it.  Maybe $40-$50? 

Yeah replacing the screen is super easy at a hardware store. We seem to do one or two a summer when the dog jumps on it lol.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Just a new screen. A screen that would fit into this so the glass door could be opened 

IMG_1535.jpeg

Looks like $100-$300 for screen door depending on your dimensions, whether Home Depot (cheaper) or Anderson (pricey). Looks like there’s track space on the outside for it.

Measure it up and look online.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like $100-$300 for screen door depending on your dimensions, whether Home Depot (cheaper) or Anderson (pricey). Looks like there’s track space on the outside for it.

Measure it up and look online.

There is the track space! There was a screen in the garage which I was hopeful would fit bit it was too small. I’ll measure to see what’s right. I was hoping the price was less then that but oh well

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

There is the track space! There was a screen in the garage which I was hopeful would fit bit it was too small. I’ll measure to see what’s right. I was hoping the price was less then that but oh well

To be honest you might be able to find one for like $60-$70 if you shop around, I just quickly googled it and came up with $100+.

Guess it makes sense if putting new screen on it can run $40. You’re getting the door + screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spanks45 said:

This pattern of rain for 1-2 days, no rain for 2 weeks is impressive. Another low of 40 degrees here. Warm weather plants are having a tough time with these daily swings. Need some consistent warm overnight lows.

Over the past 30 days we've had rain events of 4.45", 1.83", 0.98" and 0.29" - total 7.55".  Two days had sprinkles and 18 were totally dry.  Today makes 19 and it will be 21 days of 33 before Friday's CF.  I can't remember getting so much rain on so few days before.

40.1 here. Hopefully we’re done with the 30s although I suppose there’s a shot d5 or so. OWD and MVY 36° lol

Since moving here in May 1998, 2006 is the only June not to have dipped below 40.  Today's 39 was a few degrees milder than I expected, and we may crack the <40° over the weekend.

• Like 1