• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

You guys can keep the dry nice weather, we need rain desperately in southern Nova Scotia. There is currently several large forest fires in the area with the biggest down my way. Multiple properties have been burnt to the ground already and it’s still raging as of this morning. Based on visible satellite some of the smoke is making its way down toward Cape Cod this morning. 

E89EAE75-2739-4475-9084-CBE65FDB7161.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 5

Just now, NSwx said:

You guys can keep the dry nice weather, we need rain desperately in southern Nova Scotia. There is currently several large forest fires in the area with the biggest down my way. Multiple properties have been burnt to the ground already and it’s still raging as of this morning. Based on visible satellite some of the smoke is making its way down toward Cape Cod this morning. 

E89EAE75-2739-4475-9084-CBE65FDB7161.jpeg

Yeah. I was reading about those fires.  Dire 

23 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Please think of the pets and elderly. 

Not going to lie, I was a little surprised at the max temps given the heat/furnace talk, etc.  It's hotter up here in the afternoon on many days. Today running 1-2F warmer than him so far... looks like he gets all his warmth at night though.  The mins help him average a couple degrees warmer on the whole it looks like but daytime when folks are out and about it looks very tough to get hot there.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

43F for the low.

A nice 44-degree drop from yesterday afternoon.

Crushing some diurnal swings in this dry air mass.

Yes ... but this recent 18 hours was augmented by this front. 

This wasn't really a BD now that I look at this. The front just descended on a steeper azimuth.  It was what I call a "north door front" heh. 

The thing is...behind the front the wind cuts around the ENE but that's because of the orientation of the higher pressure being due N of the region.  Makes it physically observe as though it were a BD. 

It may in fact be more so a BD down near Philly ...should it get that far S along the coast. 

I don't know why I'm bothering to make this distinction lol

48 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Please think of the pets and elderly. 

image.png

May 14, 2022 at my place:  90/52, earliest 90 I've recorded in Maine.

86/48 yesterday, to warm/too early for me despite the low dews - would be nice in late July though we'll never have that temp/dew combo at that time of year.  Today's low 70s are just right, with maybe some wind to confound the skeeters.

7 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You poor ocean folks the next 7-10 days . Glad we not thee.

Numbers look more spring vs summer as a potent front clears through in time for the weekend.   Hopefully wrong but ORH stays in the low to mid 60s.  Cool for the first weekend of June.

• Like 1