• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And sweatshirts tonight . Terrible . Can’t even enjoy on a tshirt 

Still got two hours before darkness. You’ll be asleep before a hoodie would be required, beautiful evening.

Standing at 3,300ft right now at 7pm, just suffering through it in shorts and a t-shirt.

3F767EDD-F3B7-449A-96D0-1DCA2ECF89D6.thumb.jpeg.40365d4c7e74db0708dacb6a9d93b9ed.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

This is how you draw up a Memorial Day Weekend weather-wise.

Bluebird every day, warm afternoons, very low RH.  Noticed while hiking that a sweaty shirt would dry up in ridiculously quick time in this airmass.

Also very interesting to see how long it takes for leaf-out to occur on the northern VT hilltops.  It struck me that it is the last week of May, Memorial Day weekend, and the hardwoods are still just budding.  It takes a surprisingly long time to go full foliage.

May27LeafOut.thumb.jpg.24a031feec8918262293c04ce6278c91.jpg

May27LeafOut1.thumb.jpg.42ce9602600774cc27f3f4845fe34894.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Love that you’ve gotten into country. It’s an evolution , but it happens to all of us .

Oh boy. I was born into country Kev. My uncles had a blue grass band. I grew up on old country but love the new mix of rock country.  The pop stuff meh. Rebel music is what I like. Pandora

Screenshot_20230527_224205_Pandora.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, forkyfork said:

cool meaning slightly above average

image.thumb.png.ba8009e7db3d46a881e6d16f12967052.png

I think there's a small (so far..) possibility of a 'hot burst' ... perhaps a low end variety, out there toward D6.  

Some ensemble members of the various product sources have been lighting up Ontario with +21C 850 mb, with newly arriving trend to shallow out the Maritime trough.

The latter aspect is apparently related to the repositioning of the -NAO block toward the eastern limb. 

Anyway, that leaves a residual WNW/NW 500 mb flow and it's a possible open unabated synopsis to bring that kind of plume down over the terrain/trajectory that normal cooks the 95 corridor.  

We'll see if the operational runs start picking up on that - altho the GGEM looks similar at 00z. 

Overall, agreed ... that D6-13 back-carving deep -NAO related hemisphere idea seems to be in the process of modulating toward less.  We'll see if continues.  It wasn't altogether very believable to begin with.

Pretty wild stuff just occurring up here.

The wind was E/SE with dews in the 40s.... wind shifted NW and holy crap it's gotten hot and dry.

Popping some 86s now with dew points below freezing.  12-13% RH is desert level stuff.

Check out the wind shift and the dews dropping drastically with it.

MVL_May28.jpg.b3c66cf9d191088d7bade29d9117e828.jpg

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What a day.

IZG is actually hitting 90F now on some of the 5-min data... with dews well into the 40s and 20% RH.

Looks like NW downslope into NE MA, S.NH, and ME are the leaders so far.

4414.gif.292aa8afe88f17ea0c7ef77c9281b552.gif

those are the prognosticated 4pm temperatures?

Bit if a cool bust if so..

It's 87 to 90 everywhere below ~ 700' els and it's not getting cooler at 4pm.   1,000' ORH is 81 ...

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

those are the prognosticated 4pm temperatures?

Bit if a cool bust if so..

It's 87 to 90 everywhere below ~ 700' els and it's not getting cooler at 4pm.   1,000' ORH is 81 ...

No, I don't know why it displays like that.  That is 4pm UTC.... so 12pm Eastern time.  It's current.

I'm in awe of 86/29F up here :lol:.

12-13% RH is fire weather.