• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May obs/discussion thread - Welcome to Severe Season!!

weatherwiz

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

She just sent us this.  Not bad right now

IMG_2609.jpeg

While not my cup of tea for music (no, I do not blast TayTay while wandering around Mansfield)... I do respect what she has built for a following and an overall brand.

That's bordering on idol status to have that many people, pay so much money, to see you perform.  And she seems to put on a show for them.  That image shows it, that's a true entertainer. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

While not my cup of tea for music (no, I do not blast TayTay while wandering around Mansfield)... I do respect what she has built for a following and an overall brand.

That's bordering on idol status to have that many people, pay so much money, to see you perform.  And she seems to put on a show for them.  That image shows it, that's a true entertainer. 

I don’t dislike her music but I don’t really listen to it. She is very good at the whole showmanship thing though.  

While our daughter’s ticket was expensive, she paid for it herself by shoveling alpaca poop so it’s all good. 

Frogs aplenty out on the roads tonight

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I don’t dislike her music but I don’t really listen to it. She is very good at the whole showmanship thing though.  

While our daughter’s ticket was expensive, she paid for it herself by shoveling alpaca poop so it’s all good. 

Frogs aplenty out on the roads tonight

We just drove home from Littleton, NH and noticed the same. Tried not to hit any but I’m sure I squashed a few ☹️. About .40” here, rained much harder in NH. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

1.22” thus far. Won’t come anywhere close to 2”, but a nice rain for the plants 

You sound like DIT... not sure why you guys meh rains so much.  All summer, every summer now, lol.  After this event and the first few days of May, many places will be at near normal rainfall for the month.  Mother Nature likes her averages.

Tolland was just over an inch when it was said to be mostly done, just scattered showers.  Now it looks like Kev is in an axis from Rockport to Tolland with a bunch of spots going over 2".  You may be the same.

1882120361_May20.thumb.jpg.2a734767042c4d7c33f4c429c6a8237b.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You sound like DIT... not sure why you guys meh rains so much.  All summer, every summer now, lol.  After this event and the first few days of May, many places will be at near normal rainfall for the month.  Mother Nature likes her averages.

Tolland was just over an inch when it was said to be mostly done, just scattered showers.  Now it looks like Kev is in an axis from Rockport to Tolland with a bunch of spots going over 2".  You may be the same.

1882120361_May20.thumb.jpg.2a734767042c4d7c33f4c429c6a8237b.jpg

I told kevin over 2”. Like taking candy from a weenie. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I told kevin over 2”. Like taking candy from a weenie. 

lol. I played the blend and had 1.0-1.5" when he said 0.25-0.5".  Should've trusted my gut and gone higher.

Out your way, TAN, SE MA, etc... that's some heavy rain still streaming N/NEward.  Given the high PWAT air, dews and strong low level jet moving through... this line should be efficient with some areas seeing up to another inch?

Low level jet moves eastward and still should be affecting eastern areas through 11pm-12am.

ecmwf-deterministic-massachusetts-z925_speed-4638000.thumb.png.23ec478d51466eccac775f4564d6d2e8.png

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

lol. I played the blend and had 1.0-1.5" when he said 0.25-0.5".  Should've trusted my gut and gone higher.

Out your way, TAN, SE MA, etc... that's some heavy rain still streaming N/NEward.  Given the high PWAT air, dews and strong low level jet moving through... this line should be efficient with some areas seeing up to another inch?

Low level jet moves eastward through 11pm-12am.

ecmwf-deterministic-massachusetts-z925_speed-4638000.thumb.png.23ec478d51466eccac775f4564d6d2e8.png

Yeah they’ll be a second jack RI and SE Ma I think. Probably 2-3” there. Nearing an inch here. 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Radar looks good down there for you guys (this is from OKX though).

Untitled.thumb.jpg.0334dd76e9c5b8603c626bbd624ae172.jpg

1.5” min would be great. At some point those exotic amounts while fun, don’t have a huge benefit. I’d rather have it a little more frequent vs 2” every 2-3 weeks. 

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Best spot around. Great choice. Last time I was there was an anniversary dinner.

Its funny town is busy, restaurant parking lots packed, forgot why and then your post and I was like oh right, it’s commencement weekend.

Good to dodge the rain so far.

Great experience!  Funny thing is something got messed up and they couldn’t find the reservation (made by our daughter).  She was so downcast and while we were trying to cheer her up they somehow got a table for the 5 of us!

Mild humid night in northern here-almost has a summer feel.

• Like 1